LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Gore to Davis: "It's time to be a man"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore is teaching Davis what it truly takes to be a team leader in a friendly sort of way. He has Singletary's back.

NO HARM NO FOUL IF NO PENALTY ------ IN A GAME.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Gore is teaching Davis what it truly takes to be a team leader in a friendly sort of way. He has Singletary's back.

NO HARM NO FOUL IF NO PENALTY ------ IN A GAME.

Which brings up a very good point. My man Vern truly is a team leader like he was portrayed months ago.
I fully agree with Frank. VD still needs to mature

Like Frank Gore indicated, it's not about the running it's about the attitude and the lack of discipline. If this keeps up in a real games we will be seeing a lot of 1st and 15 and 1st and 20's. Get with it Vernon! We know that in the heat of the battle tempers flare; but son you got to control your emotions, or "THE TEAM" will end up paying dearly for it. It may cost us a game even at some point. Keep improving, but listen to Frank and assist him in being a team leader on offense.

I guess the definition of a man is to be completely passive?
This from Kevin Lynch:

The team has plenty of leaders - Gore, Eric Heitmann, Bruce, Hill, Willis, Clements, Spikes, Michael Lewis, Jeff Ulbrich, Joe Nedney. They don't need to burden Davis with an unneeded chore

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=45190#ixzz0Nj7nWjIz
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

love the clip but it shoulda been longer where Brando starts crying and acting like a woman.
There are some serious Davis haters on here. Looks like he's improving to me. Gore was right in calling him out. Davis just needs to take it and not make the mistake again. After that practice and the gasers were over, Davis went and did runs on "the hill" while catching passes. I don't think he took the team's punishment lightly.
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
There are some serious Davis haters on here.

Respect is something that's built... like a bridge; it's not handed out like a business card. I've hyped him, defended him, and cut him slack long enough. Will we still have to keep adding "potential" next to his name heading into his 10th NFL season?

I sure don't hate the guy, but rarely has my patience worn thinner on a 9er.

[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Aug 9, 2009 at 21:02:01 ]

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
There are some serious Davis haters on here.

Respect is something that's built... like a bridge; it's not handed out like a business card. I've hyped him, defended him, and cut him slack long enough. Will we still have to keep adding "potential" next to his name heading into his 10th NFL season?

I sure don't hate the guy, but rarely has my patience worn thinner on a 9er.

I know what you're saying. I personally respect that he has improved his attitude lately. I don't know if it will last or carry into games but 1 fight in 1 week of camp should be call for celebration.
Originally posted by Chief:
Hahaha, you guys call him whatever you want but it's all you guys worrying about a competitve scruffel between two teammates that are grown men. It was harmless and it happens.

Get over it ladies, seriously.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Chief:
Hahaha, you guys call him whatever you want but it's all you guys worrying about a competitve scruffel between two teammates that are grown men. It was harmless and it happens.

Get over it ladies, seriously.

ya doods!
I personally don't care about Davis antics, except for those that draw penalties in games.

But if players like Gore have issues with his sh*t, then it most certainly means he needs to shape up, and quit doing stupid sh*t. Good luck being a key offensive go-to player if you're own teammates can't stand you, don't trust you, or don't view you as a mature leader on the team. The dude wants the glory of being a star, but will not get there without his teammates making him a star.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I personally don't care about Davis antics, except for those that draw penalties in games.

But if players like Gore have issues with his sh*t, then it most certainly means he needs to shape up, and quit doing stupid sh*t. Good luck being a key offensive go-to player if you're own teammates can't stand you, don't trust you, or don't view you as a mature leader on the team. The dude wants the glory of being a star, but will not get there without his teammates making him a star.

I agree with that 100%. They can scuffle all they want on the practice field, as long as it doesn't create any animosity between him and his teammates and he can keep his cool and not cost the team yards during games.
Share 49ersWebzone