There are 169 users in the forums

Gore to Davis: "It's time to be a man"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chief:
Hahaha, you guys call him whatever you want but it's all you guys worrying about a competitve scruffel between two teammates that are grown men. It was harmless and it happens.

Get over it ladies, seriously.

The "scuffel" has nothing to do with it. It's his response thats the problem. Why is that so hard to understand, Chief?
Hahaha, you guys call him whatever you want but it's all you guys worrying about a competitve scruffel between two teammates that are grown men. It was harmless and it happens.

My sentiments, exactly.

Good Lord, it's one -- yes, ONE -- single, solitary scuffle. This kind of stuff happens all the time, and if you think other veterans don't do the same, you're kidding yourselves. I will say it once more.. These things happen ALL the time. It's great that Frank said something, but other vets on other teams say the same kinds of things to their teammates, too. We just don't hear about it because we don't follow every single other team as closely as we do ours.

This is ridiculous and completely blown out of proportion only because "it's Vernon Davis." Give me a break. This board is seriously in dire need of some better topics because this is absolutely a non-issue.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

The "scuffel" has nothing to do with it. It's his response thats the problem. Why is that so hard to understand, Chief?

Vernon knew he messed up. He was just giving a little joke to lighten the situation.

It's like an, "All right, all right. I know.. I messed up. You're mad, I know. But one of these days, you're going to mess up too, and I'm going to have to run then, so let it go, all right?"

Simple as that.
  • BurgerBoyRides
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bjghum:
Vernon Davis is garbage.

I'm sick of hearing about what a great blocker he is.

The guy is a moron and couldn't catch a cold in a blizzard.

Mark my words, this guy will never get a second contract for the 49ers.

I used to think this of vernon. But now I actually predict he will be a successful receiver, probably starting this year.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Vernon knew he messed up. He was just giving a little joke to lighten the situation.

It's like an, "All right, all right. I know.. I messed up. You're mad, I know. But one of these days, you're going to mess up too, and I'm going to have to run then, so let it go, all right?"

Simple as that.
You wish! It's not as simple as that and if Gore (and other teammates) knows it, why can't you and the other Davis apologists? It's exactly because of attititudes like yours that guys like Davis feel they can get away with the crap they pull. The fact that he did it literally days after saying he couldn't do stuff like that anymore, AND, he always seems to be the one to do so, says more about Davis than mere words of assurance from him. I just don't get the constant excusing by fans of boorish behavior. It'd be one thing if Davis' performance earned him some slack, but this blind devotion to a so far underachiever with an outsized and unjustified ego is truly mystifying. This just better be his year or I wouldn't be sad seeing him traded, regardless of "potential". His act is getting tiresome.
hes going to be my first pick in my fantasy draft
Love to see Gore stepping up as a leader!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaters.

Vernon has got passion, that's it.
  • BurgerBoyRides
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Simple as that.
You wish! It's not as simple as that and if Gore (and other teammates) knows it, why can't you and the other Davis apologists? It's exactly because of attititudes like yours that guys like Davis feel they can get away with the crap they pull. The fact that he did it literally days after saying he couldn't do stuff like that anymore, AND, he always seems to be the one to do so, says more about Davis than mere words of assurance from him. I just don't get the constant excusing by fans of boorish behavior. It'd be one thing if Davis' performance earned him some slack, but this blind devotion to a so far underachiever with an outsized and unjustified ego is truly mystifying. This just better be his year or I wouldn't be sad seeing him traded, regardless of "potential". His act is getting tiresome.

People have different ways, they learn at different speeds, one could say. I think davis is improving his attitude and is moving is a good direction as far as becoming the best athlete he can be. He has been taking two steps forward for every step back.

I am not an apologist, Vernon is going to be alright, is my prediction.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Simple as that.

Whoa. Slow down a little. Remember, up til Singletary took over, we had a HC who more or less approved of fights in practice. Singletary has a different about it, and Vernon had a little set-back.

You have to admit, Vernon seems to have made alot of progress in other ways, and even appears to be growing into a leadership position on offense. I'm betting he'll overcome this problem, but there may be a setback now and then. At least we know he's getting the right message, the correct coaching, and is aware that it (fighting) is an issue he needs to be addressed.

The only thing you can do is pray that Singletary can handle this jackass. Vernon is by far my least favorite niner of all time. I even like Jose Cortez better than Vernon. And i HATE Cortez!
It's pretty obvious Frank sees Vernon rollin' and he hatin'.
  • BurgerBoyRides
  • Info N/A
The team really looks set to have a break-through season. Any doubters should just stfu and wait and see. I can't imagine a losing streak occurring. I just can't imagine singletary losing too much. the guys on the team will risk life and limb for the coach. and the guys on the niner squad have underachieved for the most part in the last three years. niner time has arrived. it is going to be a bonanza. it just doesn't make sense any other way.
This is the last year of the Vernon Davis experiment. I've had it with the excuses. I don't want to hear any more talk about how this is the season he puts it all together. I just want him to suit up, shut up and produce. His comments that Crabtree needs to get his butt into camp were a step in the right direction, but I want to see something that smacks of consistency and commitment from Davis.

No more teasing. It's time to produce. All potential means is you haven't done it yet.

Funk or walk, Davis.

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Aug 9, 2009 at 00:43:21 ]
Share 49ersWebzone