Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by buck:
Morris has caught 27 passes for 147 yards for an average of 5.4 per reception.
Robinson has caught 37 passes for 322 yards for an average of 8.7 per reception.
The big difference is Robinson has played for three years. Morris has been playing for nine years.
I think that Robinson is a better receiver. Morris, however, is a better fullback.
Having Robinson as our back-up fullback, at least nominally, would allow the team to keep three running backs. My best guess, and it is only a guess, is that the three would be Frank Gore, Glen Coffe, and Kory Sheets.
I'm not saying Norris is the better pass catcher. It's just that he is capable of doing a decent job at it.
Robinson will make the team because of his out of the backfield pass catching and special teams play.
I agree 100% Norris is a true Fullback, but Robinson can come in and throw the D off, back up Norris, and maybe continue to groom as a FB while making plays on ST this season. I would love to to see Gore/Coffee/Sheets/Norris/Robinson cut Clayton, he does well in pre season, but its against 2nd, 3rd teammers