LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

What an incredible offseason!

I think those feelings are more a result of relief that it appears the stadium will indeed be built and we are finally getting a new stadium, rather then a true like of the design. Anyone who is not dissapointed with this designs failure to provide the team with any advantages at all like our diviion rivals new stadiums do, is simply riding the high of recent news imo.

Personally, I think the team is doing the players the it's fans a diservice if they don't explore designs intended to provide an audible advantage for the Niners. I mean at this time when we are building from the ground up, why not give the team every chance they possibly can to have an advantage.

The largest lower seating bowl in the NFL, you do not think that will be an audible advantage?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

I think those feelings are more a result of relief that it appears the stadium will indeed be built and we are finally getting a new stadium, rather then a true like of the design. Anyone who is not dissapointed with this designs failure to provide the team with any advantages at all like our diviion rivals new stadiums do, is simply riding the high of recent news imo.

Personally, I think the team is doing the players the it's fans a diservice if they don't explore designs intended to provide an audible advantage for the Niners. I mean at this time when we are building from the ground up, why not give the team every chance they possibly can to have an advantage.

What you are talking about was specifically addressed with the largest lower bowl in the league. It brings more of the fans closer to the field, therefore resulting in more noise closer to the field.

Great minds think alike.
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
The stadium looks pretty weak. It's not distinct at all and shouldn't be in Santa Clara. It's bootleg like a DVD and by far the weakest looking out of all the new stadiums being built. Even the weak ass Cards stadium is far superior with dome, retractable roof, grass which can be transported in and out. Lets not mention the Cowgirls there stadium makes this one look like crap. And the proposed LA stadium is better then ours and they don't even have a football team pretty sad.

Do we have to have a retractable roof and field just because the Cardinals have it? They have those things out of necessity and function, not because it looks cool. And the Cowboys are the Yankees of the NFL with virtually unlimited funding sources and a fawning public that would give them just about anything they need.

The Niners basic stadium design is fine and the location is great as far as access from all points around the Bay and beyond.
Originally posted by 49123:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by 09etihW:

Man, some of you guys and your photoshop skills are F-N awesome.

Nice job.

I like it a lot very european, classy, elegant and functional..
You guys always get hyped off of anything the niners do. No matter if it's weak a** players or a weak a** stadium. It doesn't take away from the fact that we have the only half stadium in the league. So what if it has the largest lower deck. Big f**king deal. So half of the stadium is for the fans and the other half is for the rich snobs. They get their own half of the field so they can be in their little box seats. Screw this stupid stadium. It's about as good as all of your dumb opinions that always seem to be wrong. This is the next step in the failure of the stupid webzone click. You guys are "Homers"
Originally posted by FriscoKid220:
You guys always get hyped off of anything the niners do. No matter if it's weak a** players or a weak a** stadium. It doesn't take away from the fact that we have the only half stadium in the league. So what if it has the largest lower deck. Big f**king deal. So half of the stadium is for the fans and the other half is for the rich snobs. They get their own half of the field so they can be in their little box seats. Screw this stupid stadium. It's about as good as all of your dumb opinions that always seem to be wrong. This is the next step in the failure of the stupid webzone click. You guys are "Homers"

lol, the entire stadium will be for rich snobs. and yes we are homers. What did you think we were?
Originally posted by teeohh:

Good to see all around.

The largest lower seating bowl in the NFL, you do not think that will be an audible advantage?

Good to see all around.

What you are talking about was specifically addressed with the largest lower bowl in the league. It brings more of the fans closer to the field, therefore resulting in more noise closer to the field.

Great minds think alike.

And do either of you believe for one moment that those people who will be sitting in thos seats will be the loud and obnoxious types? Will that largest lower bowl matter at all?

I would prefer to see a design that would allow the entire crowd to make a difference

i regret the time that i took to read that.

-9fA
meh!!!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I regret the day you were born
And do either of you believe for one moment that those people who will be sitting in thos seats will be the loud and obnoxious types? Will that largest lower bowl matter at all?

I would prefer to see a design that would allow the entire crowd to make a difference

Ya, we should have built a dome with the inside looking like this:

-9fA

-9fA

sometimes we need a reminder of who we're actually talking to.

[ Edited by 09etihW on Jun 3, 2009 at 12:52:41 ]

-9fA

Got any more up your sleeve?

-9fA
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by NinerSteve:
I think the sight lines are the most important aspect. I am a season ticket holder and the fact that the lower bowl seats more fans than any other stadium in the NFL is a positive. I like the fact that the suites are all on the west side of the field with the press boxes too.

The one thing I would like to see improvments on is the jumbotron, it can be a lot larger than what is on the plan.

Speaking of things being larger, the seats will now be 21 inches wide as opposed to the 19 inch seats at the Stick.

Yahhhhoooooo...I can fit more garlic fries and beer!!!!

I also like the fact that you could be at a concession stand and still see the game...that is frickin' awesome!!!!! Since our seats were relocated to upper box this year, I am looking forward to this new stadium and where our seats will be as I want to stay put.

The other thing mentioned too was the fact that this facility will be more eco-friendly (tree-huggers unite) and will have "state-of-the-art" technology across the board from banners to Monitors to jumbotrons...hey, in Silicon Valley we better have the best tech.

I love the fact that the faces of the buildings can be used to promote whatever they want...l can see it now...screen shots of past players and plays that made us who we are...The Great Bill Walsh(RIP), Brodie, Nomellini, Montana, Lott, the catch, the catch II, Steve Young's run as well as Craigs...just keep the film coming while fans come into the stadium.

Yup, that would be sick!!!!

what makes you think you are going to get your same seats? You might not even get in the same section, also start saving now because you will need to take a loan out (unless you have deep pockets) for the rights/PSL's and the tickets will cost a lot more then they do today. I bet the PSL will be 10k. Tickets will be $195 ea or higher for Upper box and who knows what the Lower Box and Lower reserve seats will go for.

-9fA

i think all in all the 49ers stadium design looks stylish to certain extent. but style of a building shouldn't make you feel better about watching the game. i think when the contractors came up with the plan. they came up with the idea of trying to fit as many people in a lower bowl and to make views and angles of watching the game as perfect as possible. i think the way that it's shaped will definately produce alot of field noise. plus i think they put a lil hint of candelstick in their! i like the idea. at first i didn't like it cause it look bland but since i seen the proposal video, i'm pretty locked on it! all in all ask yourselves, are you a niner fan cause of the building they play in? are you a niner fan cause you wanna feel like you're at a 5 star hotel sitting in that chair? we are damn niner fans cause we love football hands down! for all i know is they could hold a football game at my old highschool and i'll be happy watching them from the bleachers!

Share 49ersWebzone