LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Originally posted by FriscoKid220:
I don't care how glamorous you make it look, IT STILL SUXXXXXXX!!!!!!! We're the only ones with a damn half stadium. It looks like we got cheap and lazy with the whole design. You guys say well we're in a recession, then don't make the stupid thing at all if it's going to be "half assed." We should just blow up candlestick and build a new staduim there. We can play at stanford for at least one season. The damn new stadium looks like stanfords anyway.

SCREW THIS STADIUM!

how old are you?
I love the stadium, but I still have reservations about tailgating in a parking garage and I hope the niners keep their promise of keeping San Fransisco in their name. Other than that I love the stadium and how all game attendees will get a good view of the game.
After watching the video, I have to say I am pretty impressed.

My bigger concern is the ticket prices. Right now I have 6 tix in the $98 section . . . really hope they don't jump to $980 plus PSL.
  • mod
  • Veteran
They need a statue of Montana and Walsh kneeling on the field, like the photo taken by Zagaris.

Or Flash 80 streaking down the field, or maybe even "The Catch"
I liked it anyway, but seeing these two re-done pics gets me pretty excited.

The thing I am mst excited about is when we get back to playing in late January the field will be in much better shape than the stick used to be! Better traction for Gore, Crabtree et al to run up the score!
Originally posted by teeohh:
You guys should watch the video they have on 49ers.com that explained the stadium.

Some things they have mentioned: green roof, solar panels, paperless ticketing

Also the suites being on one side create the largest low seating bowl in the NFL, here is your acoustical advantage

more:
optimal sightlines
high quality ammenities
open views of the field at each of the pedestrian plazas
seating bowl: open party decks
upper pedestration seating something by each scoreboard

What do you mean by "green roof"? And what do the solar panels do?

This would be really neat. We could have the first "green" stadium in the league.
Originally posted by jayb49er:
I love the stadium, but I still have reservations about tailgating in a parking garage and I hope the niners keep their promise of keeping San Fransisco in their name. Other than that I love the stadium and how all game attendees will get a good view of the game.

you will not tailgate in a parking garage, you're not allowed to

people that don't tailgate will park in the garage
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jayb49er:

you will not tailgate in a parking garage, you're not allowed to

people that don't tailgate will park in the garage

There will be a garage AND normal parking BOTH.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
They need a statue of Montana and Walsh kneeling on the field, like the photo taken by Zagaris.

Or Flash 80 streaking down the field, or maybe even "The Catch"

Wow, that's actually a slam dunk right there. The play that launched a dynasty. It would be fitting.
Originally posted by Apples:
You guys should watch the video they have on 49ers.com that explained the stadium.

Also the suites being on one side create the largest low seating bowl in the NFL, here is your acoustical advantage

more:
optimal sightlines
high quality ammenities

This would be really neat. We could have the first "green" stadium in the league.

A green roof is a roof of a building that is partially or completely covered with vegetation and soil, or a growing medium, planted over a waterproofing membrane. It reduces heating (by adding mass and thermal resistance value) and cooling (by evaporative cooling) loads on a building. The new California Academy of Sciences building utilizes this same technology. Added bonus: touch football on the roof before games!

The solar panels will provide supplemental power and further reduce the buildings electrical grid imprint.

Originally posted by Apples:

more:
optimal sightlines
high quality ammenities

If you notice in the picture there is grass on the top of a building, that's a green roof. The academy of science in SF has the same.

And the solar panels are for all that energy s**t
The stadium looks pretty weak. It's not distinct at all and shouldn't be in Santa Clara. It's bootleg like a DVD and by far the weakest looking out of all the new stadiums being built. Even the weak ass Cards stadium is far superior with dome, retractable roof, grass which can be transported in and out. Lets not mention the Cowgirls there stadium makes this one look like crap. And the proposed LA stadium is better then ours and they don't even have a football team pretty sad.
Originally posted by okdkid:
This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

What an incredible offseason!

I think those feelings are more a result of relief that it appears the stadium will indeed be built and we are finally getting a new stadium, rather then a true like of the design. Anyone who is not dissapointed with this designs failure to provide the team with any advantages at all like our diviion rivals new stadiums do, is simply riding the high of recent news imo.

Personally, I think the team is doing the players the it's fans a diservice if they don't explore designs intended to provide an audible advantage for the Niners. I mean at this time when we are building from the ground up, why not give the team every chance they possibly can to have an advantage.
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

I think those feelings are more a result of relief that it appears the stadium will indeed be built and we are finally getting a new stadium, rather then a true like of the design. Anyone who is not dissapointed with this designs failure to provide the team with any advantages at all like our diviion rivals new stadiums do, is simply riding the high of recent news imo.

Personally, I think the team is doing the players the it's fans a diservice if they don't explore designs intended to provide an audible advantage for the Niners. I mean at this time when we are building from the ground up, why not give the team every chance they possibly can to have an advantage.

What you are talking about was specifically addressed with the largest lower bowl in the league. It brings more of the fans closer to the field, therefore resulting in more noise closer to the field.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Good to see all around.

The largest lower seating bowl in the NFL, you do not think that will be an audible advantage?
Share 49ersWebzone