• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by FriscoKid220:
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by hklar17:
You guys always get hyped off of anything the niners do. No matter if it's weak a** players or a weak a** stadium. It doesn't take away from the fact that we have the only half stadium in the league. So what if it has the largest lower deck. Big f**king deal. So half of the stadium is for the fans and the other half is for the rich snobs. They get their own half of the field so they can be in their little box seats. Screw this stupid stadium. It's about as good as all of your dumb opinions that always seem to be wrong. This is the next step in the failure of the stupid webzone click. You guys are "Homers"

good, so we know we wont have to see a pathetic fan like you at the games

ooooh, Ban him! Ban him!

Damn got nothing better to do than troll on another forum. Must have no life.
yeah you're right. These forums are for homers only. my bad.

No, there is simply a difference between not liking the stadium (completely within your rights) and attacking people who DO like the stadium design and writing them off as "homers".

If thats all you know how to do then go away, your not wanted.

If you can have a reasonable debate on the topic and respect people who have a different opinion, your welcome to stay.

My guess is that you don't know how to do the latter.

The design is starting to grow on me but they do need to dress it up a bit more. A Bill Walsh statue would be a great idea.
The stadium sucks. Bottom line the design is hella ugly and it sucks that half of our stadium is dedicated to corporate pigs in luxury boxes. Thats not creating a homefield advantage thats creating a corporate hangout. I guess it's appropriate that the stadium will be in Santa Clara perfect for google execs to watch the game in their little glass rooms. That will be great for noise half the stadium indoors real bright York you never cease to amaze me. Keep the San Francisco 49ers in San Francisco and let the SJ/SC fans keep there beloved Sharks.
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
The stadium sucks. Bottom line the design is hella ugly and it sucks that half of our stadium is dedicated to corporate pigs in luxury boxes. Thats not creating a homefield advantage thats creating a corporate hangout. I guess it's appropriate that the stadium will be in Santa Clara perfect for google execs to watch the game in their little glass rooms. That will be great for noise half the stadium indoors real bright York you never cease to amaze me. Keep the San Francisco 49ers in San Francisco and let the SJ/SC fans keep there beloved Sharks.

Sigh.

I give up.

Fine. If you don't like it, don't get a ticket when its built. Taht will just leave more room for me. ;-)
If you watch the video, it looks much better.

I'm a fan of it now after seeing that.

I dig it.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

What an incredible offseason!

I think those feelings are more a result of relief that it appears the stadium will indeed be built and we are finally getting a new stadium, rather then a true like of the design. Anyone who is not dissapointed with this designs failure to provide the team with any advantages at all like our diviion rivals new stadiums do, is simply riding the high of recent news imo.

Personally, I think the team is doing the players the it's fans a diservice if they don't explore designs intended to provide an audible advantage for the Niners. I mean at this time when we are building from the ground up, why not give the team every chance they possibly can to have an advantage.

The largest lower seating bowl in the NFL, you do not think that will be an audible advantage?

This poll is great not just because it shows that the overwhelming majority of fans like the stadium, it also proves that those who complain loudly in these forums do not represent the whole. In face, they are the stark minority.

Good to see all around.

I think those feelings are more a result of relief that it appears the stadium will indeed be built and we are finally getting a new stadium, rather then a true like of the design. Anyone who is not dissapointed with this designs failure to provide the team with any advantages at all like our diviion rivals new stadiums do, is simply riding the high of recent news imo.

Personally, I think the team is doing the players the it's fans a diservice if they don't explore designs intended to provide an audible advantage for the Niners. I mean at this time when we are building from the ground up, why not give the team every chance they possibly can to have an advantage.

What you are talking about was specifically addressed with the largest lower bowl in the league. It brings more of the fans closer to the field, therefore resulting in more noise closer to the field.

Great minds think alike.

And do either of you believe for one moment that those people who will be sitting in thos seats will be the loud and obnoxious types? Will that largest lower bowl matter at all?

I would prefer to see a design that would allow the entire crowd to make a difference

So you want a dome?
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

Good to see all around.

The largest lower seating bowl in the NFL, you do not think that will be an audible advantage?

Good to see all around.

What you are talking about was specifically addressed with the largest lower bowl in the league. It brings more of the fans closer to the field, therefore resulting in more noise closer to the field.

Great minds think alike.

And do either of you believe for one moment that those people who will be sitting in thos seats will be the loud and obnoxious types? Will that largest lower bowl matter at all?

I would prefer to see a design that would allow the entire crowd to make a difference

So you want a dome?

Give it up. He doesn't want to be convinced.

Sigh.

I give up.

Fine. If you don't like it, don't get a ticket when its built. Taht will just leave more room for me. ;-)

You can't argue with someone about design principles when they use "hella" as an adjective to describe something.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Very nice!!!

Also, everyone is forgetting to mention how (in the video it said) the outside wall of glass will be a media/video type panel for advertising up coming events as well as game day stuff too.

So I can imagine those outside walls will be just like some sort of fiber optic panels with pictures and video streaming through them, and that would be unf**king believable, kind of like that roof thing in Vegas.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

same. the more i watch it, the more it grows on me. it changed my tune.
Originally posted by 49123:
The only thing that's missing is the huge bronze statutes at the top of the pedestrian walkways over looking the field.

Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young would be great starters!!!

Uh, you forgot Ronnie Lott.
Originally posted by 09etihW:

Sigh.

I give up.

You can't argue with someone about design principles when they use "hella" as an adjective to describe something.

I think we should all be glad that the niners will get a new stadium regardless of how some people feel about the looks. I don't live anywhere close the California anymore and my biggest fear was the team would leave the bay area due to fans not supporting the team. At least this keeps the niners in a relatively close area. As far as the corporate snobs, at least they will help fund the project. I watch the games every sunday and wonder where are all the niner fans. Its sad when the park is filled with people cheering for the other team. I am for whatever gets our fans excited again.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by 49123:
The only thing that's missing is the huge bronze statutes at the top of the pedestrian walkways over looking the field.

Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young would be great starters!!!

Uh, you forgot Ronnie Lott.

My bad. However, I did say, just for starters...
  • 49erTone
  • Info N/A
You guys should watch the video they have on 49ers.com that explained the stadium.

Some things they have mentioned: green roof, solar panels, paperless ticketing

Also the suites being on one side create the largest low seating bowl in the NFL, here is your acoustical advantage

more:
optimal sightlines
high quality ammenities
open views of the field at each of the pedestrian plazas
seating bowl: open party decks
upper pedestration seating something by each scoreboard

Tickets on your cell phone. The A's and Giants started that too like last year or the year before. Im pretty sure by 2014 and beyond that it'll be much more common. Im assuming thats what they mean by paperless tickets ...

It sounds great but I love collecting my ticket stubs though
Share 49ersWebzone