LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I need one
i hope it's completely different when they do reveal. this could be a marketing scheme you see?
Originally posted by mayo63:
What happened to the fire engine red? Don't these people get fan input before they make these decisions?

I guess the York's will never get it. These are a huge disappointment. In all the arguing one theme could be agreed upon, the fans like the brighter red better. Judging from the ugly burgandy, I'd bet they keep the ugly khaki to go along with it.
I hope they're pulling our chains.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Well, maybe we're making too much hoopla over the sleeves....

...if you think about it, almost all players these days trim away or tuck in the loose fabric of their sleeves under their shoulderpads so we won't see those crooked stripes most of the time anyways.

No we're not. Everybody has to do the current thing and get some kind of swoosh in their uniforms ala the Broncos. We are the Niners not the f**king Bengals. This is terrible and Jed is going to hear of this.

...if you think about it, almost all players these days trim away or tuck in the loose fabric of their sleeves under their shoulderpads so we won't see those crooked stripes most of the time anyways.

No we're not. Everybody has to do the current thing and get some kind of swoosh in their uniforms ala the Broncos. We are the Niners not the f**king Bengals. This is terrible and Jed is going to hear of this.

Over reaction at it's best.

They look fine.

Time for a petition Mayo, After seeing these I through up in my mouth a little.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49123:

They look fine.

Sorry, man but I'm f**king pissed. This ruins everything for me. What a f**king disappointment. What the hell are the pants going to look like. Will it have bengal strips too? I f**king pissed out of my mind. f**k.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 25, 2009 at 7:08 AM ]

They look fine.

I could live with the design, but Burgandy? Yuck!
You people sound like you just got a bite out of a s**t sandwich. These uniforms are awesome---AWESOME. Anything would have been better than the s**t they've been wearing the last 15 years. They did what they promised the fans they would do; Take the throwbacks and make "updated" changes to it. And that's what they did.

And NO, the red uni's don't look like the Cards and road doesn't look like the Giants. The 49ers had that design 30-40 years ago. They are trying to look like us (at least the Cards are). Get over it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:

Time for a petition Mayo, After seeing these I through up in my mouth a little.

I'll start one. This is unexceptable. Maybe they'll just wear them for a year and the fans can get it changed for next year or something.

Sorry, man but I'm f**king pissed. This ruins everything for me. What a f**king disappointment. What the hell are the pants going to look like. Will it have bengal strips too? I f**king pissed out of my mind. f**k.

Seriously dude, if this is true, you REALLY need to find a hobby to go along with football.

Nothing the 49ers ever did would "ruin everything for me"....

Seriously, it's a UNIFORM, and it still looks good and on top of it, we didn't do anything crazy like the Broncs or Bills.

There are WAY better things to get upset about.
[ Edited by 49123 on Apr 25, 2009 at 7:15 AM ]
Originally posted by jnew62:
You people sound like you just got a bite out of a s**t sandwich. These uniforms are awesome---AWESOME. Anything would have been better than the s**t they've been wearing the last 15 years. They did what they promised the fans they would do; Take the throwbacks and make "updated" changes to it. And that's what they did.

And NO, the red uni's don't look like the Cards and road doesn't look like the Giants. The 49ers had that design 30-40 years ago. They are trying to look like us (at least the Cards are). Get over it.

They're not red, they're burgandy. Note the purple highlights.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Seriously dude, if this is true, you REALLY need to find a hobby to go along with football.

Nothing the 49ers ever did would "ruin everything for me"....

Seriously, it's a UNIFORM, and it still looks good and on top of it, we didn't do anything crazy like the Broncs or Bills.

There are WAY better things to get upset about.

I'm know. I'm just hot right now. I'm sure they'll look better when there on the players, but still, very disappointed in the color and the bengal strips.
I'll reserve final judgment until I see what the pants and socks look like, but as of now the (apparently) darker red and the (apparently) crooked sleeve stripes are two BIG negative points in my book.

Bear in mind though, back in 1996-98 there was a two year adjustment curve for the previous design uniform as far as making adjustments and corrections for the number fonts and pants color until they settled on a definitive design, so there is a hope and chance (if enough fans make a noise) that the proper corrections will be made.
[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Apr 25, 2009 at 7:20 AM ]
They are more red then burgandy.
Share 49ersWebzone