LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by n1nerman49:
If that is burgandy what do they call the color on the facemask?I still think they look more red than burgandy.

uhh, the facemasks are gray, but if you meant the helmet stripes and logo, yeah the red does look brighter than the ones on the jerseys.

yea. and a sunny day at the stick im sure the red will look really nice. im not worried what so ever. at the very least its the same red. which i was fine with.
I also like the stripe on the sleeve. cool little twist it has. and cool lookin shoulder sewing thing line lol??
Originally posted by jnew62:
Here are some CLASSIC quotes so far;

"This is terrible and Jed is going to hear of this"

"After seeing these I through up in my mouth a little"

"This ruins everything for me"

"I f**king pissed out of my mind"

"This is unexceptable"

NOTE: If anyone plans on sending the 49ers a formal complaint, they better have their parents send it for them.

Come on, I couldn't resist. I thought it was funny, anyway. And yes I will have my mom send the complaint letter.
Ughh, all this nitpicking and hair-splitting over color shade, stripes, lighting and fabrics!!!

THEY OUGHTTA JUST PLAY NAKED!!!!

I think it all has to do with the lighting because in the warehouse picture it looks more like the throwback red.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The helmets are nice. No complaints.

Jerseys: I love getting rid of all the black. I can live with the striped sleeves, but the shade of red is too much like the Cardinals. I wanted Scarlet Red
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The bengal strips looks alright, but they should have had it tappered to the inside of the arm pit not the outside. Verm, don't give that guy the satisfaction.
Lighting can play a huge part in how something looks.

The throwback uniform can either look like its pink or dark red depending on the lighting

Dark Red

Pink

That's the same uniform, looking two totally different shades due to the difference in lighting.
[ Edited by linkboy on Apr 25, 2009 at 8:04 AM ]
  • 49ers41510
  • Info N/A
I don't think lighting effects a photoshopped template. These aren't actual photos of the jersey people. If you look at the old replicas there's two different home jersey colors a bergundy and a lighter red (marked as team colors not alternate)whenever they made the template some were a few shades darker so who knows until the draft
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I hope you're right linkboy,

I can't stand to have the same color red as the Cardinals

Originally posted by linkboy:
Lighting can play a huge part in how something looks.

The throwback uniform can either look like its pink or dark red depending on the lighting

Dark Red

Pink

That's the same uniform, looking two totally different shades due to the difference in lighting.

You're right there, but the old scarlet did have less of a drastic range in change of appearance than the newer burgundy/cardinal, so again to me that's more appealing. But hopefully, its a medium shaded red that's not too garish and not to dark.

Originally posted by crzy:

It's the OLD cardinals' uni, but yeah I'd HATE to have the same color as them!!!
Originally posted by 49ers41510:
I don't think lighting effects a photoshopped template. These aren't actual photos of the jersey people. If you look at the old replicas there's two different home jersey colors a bergundy and a lighter red (marked as team colors not alternate)whenever they made the template some were a few shades darker so who knows until the draft

Its a photograph, but its taken in a light tent.

Read this in how regards to how these pics are taken

Notice how there's shadows in the folds on the uniforms, its definitely a picture.
[ Edited by linkboy on Apr 25, 2009 at 8:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

It's the OLD cardinals' uni, but yeah I'd HATE to have the same color as them!!!

To be fair, when a team has a uniform that plain (which is about as vanilla as you can get), its not that hard to design something similar.

edit
Sorry about the back to back post, didn't realize it until I hit post.
[ Edited by linkboy on Apr 25, 2009 at 8:17 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
This is very disappointing.

Why not just keep this one....

Even the collar is 100X better....

[ Edited by crzy on Apr 25, 2009 at 8:21 AM ]
  • ZRF80
This is very disappointing.

Why not just keep this one....

Even the collar is 100X better....

the only difference is the color..................why make a fuss about it, especially considering that the Niners logo, in recent years, has taken a bolder look...........
Share 49ersWebzone