LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You know what? I'm gonna finish my coffee, take the 420 highway and wait till I see them worn by a player in person. I'll be at the draft party so maybe they look better live.

The design is fine it's just that color that bothers me.
Originally posted by n1nerman49:
They are more red then burgandy.

Also, bear in mind that these new jerseys that have been posted appear more like replica jerseys (i.e. with the screen printed numbers, and not sewn on) so they're probably not the AUTHENTIC ones that will be worn on the field.

Even with the 96-08 uniform the shade of red on the replica jerseys always seemed darker and tackier that the shade used on the authentic jerseys (which was a richer, brighter red, though not the scarlet.)

IMO, just going with plain scarlet would have been wiser as that shade just seems to be more vibrant and eye-catching and remains so as a game wears on. Burgundy, cardinal, crimson, whatever... all those darker shades just seem to have had the life sucked out of them and get even less appealing as it get sweat-drenched.
Here are some CLASSIC quotes so far;

"This is terrible and Jed is going to hear of this"

"After seeing these I through up in my mouth a little"

"This ruins everything for me"

"I f**king pissed out of my mind"

"This is unexceptable"

NOTE: If anyone plans on sending the 49ers a formal complaint, they better have their parents send it for them.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
NOTE: If anyone plans on sending the 49ers a formal complaint, they better have their parents send it for them.

LOL. What is that suppose to mean?
The 49ers did exactly what I expected them to. They used the throwback uniform as a base and made changes to that, which is what they said they were doing.

The problem, as usual, was the people who got it stuck in their head that the team was going back to the throwbacks.
I'm looking forward to the critique UniWatch will have (they were pretty scathing for both the Lions and Jaguars new DUDs, emphasis on DUDs)!

I was looking forward to them praising our wise decision to go back to a classic design and classic colors, but now I'm not too sure that'll happen, but expect more likely they'll nitpick over the crooked stripes.
  • ZRF80
You guys are idiots. You spent the last few months wasting countless hours pondering what the new jerseys would look like. Guess what ? Who the f**k cares ?! If anything, there was nothing wrong with the ones we were donning last season. It's not the jerseys, you dicks............its the team ! And the faster you people learn that wearing retro jerseys from the Montana/Young era will NOT bring back the 49ers of old, the better............

But just to satisfy your appetites, I'll give you my humble opinion on the current jerseys. Quite personally, I like them. They're a good blend of the OLD and the NEW. You guys wanted the "gay" shadows/gold trims out..........well, you got it. Some of us realists that want to keep our 80s/90s uniforms in the past as golden memories..........well, we got that. It's a good blend; and it's a bold look. Not too "fantasy-ish" like the Broncos or the Bucs............and not too "out of this century" like the Steelers and Packers. It's a nice bold shade of red; albeit a little too close to the Cardinals, but not too close to the bright "fire engine red" y'all wanted.

I personally like it..........and with the gold pants (hopefully, just one solid red stripe going down the side of 'em), I think it'll make the uniform quite different from the Cards. Hopefully, the helmet has a black facemask with the same logo, albeit a little more brighter like the one of Willis on previous pages of this post.

Good job front management on this one. The uniform is a good change for some of us real fans that are looking at the bigger picture and a good slap in the face of all the idiots that thought Montana/Lott/Rice would be reincarnated along with the old jerseys.

Go Niners !
Originally posted by mayo63:
1 day Let's keep the conversation to the new uni's.

wow that looks legit to me lol
def darker red then i thought we would get though.

I guess what they meant by going back to championship colors was loosing the black on the jerseys. I like them. its new. but its similar to the old by the color combos. red and white.
im down for this with some gold pants for sure.

[ Edited by Dajanksta on Apr 25, 2009 at 7:44 AM ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:
You guys are idiots. You spent the last few months wasting countless hours pondering what the new jerseys would look like. Guess what ? Who the f**k cares ?! If anything, there was nothing wrong with the ones we were donning last season. It's not the jerseys, you dicks............its the team ! And the faster you people learn that wearing retro jerseys from the Montana/Young era will NOT bring back the 49ers of old, the better............

But just to satisfy your appetites, I'll give you my humble opinion on the current jerseys. Quite personally, I like them. They're a good blend of the OLD and the NEW. You guys wanted the "gay" shadows/gold trims out..........well, you got it. Some of us realists that want to keep our 80s/90s uniforms in the past as golden memories..........well, we got that. It's a good blend; and it's a bold look. Not too "fantasy-ish" like the Broncos or the Bucs............and not too "out of this century" like the Steelers and Packers. It's a nice bold shade of red; albeit a little too close to the Cardinals, but not too close to the bright "fire engine red" y'all wanted.

I personally like it..........and with the gold pants (hopefully, just one solid red stripe going down the side of 'em), I think it'll make the uniform quite different from the Cards. Hopefully, the helmet has a black facemask with the same logo, albeit a little more brighter like the one of Willis on previous pages of this post.

Good job front management on this one. The uniform is a good change for some of us real fans that are looking at the bigger picture and a good slap in the face of all the idiots that thought Montana/Lott/Rice would be reincarnated along with the old jerseys.

Go Niners !

(See above helmet pic)

1) It's already been decided the facemask will be neutral gray (fine with me). Seems to me if red, white or black had been chosen there would have been an uproar no matter what color had been chosen. Grey seems to be the wise compromise color since its neutral and blends in with everything (from afar).

2) The pants will have red-white-red striping (to match with the design of the aforementioned helmet). As for the thickness of the stripes and the pats color itself (metallic gold or dull khaki) remains to be seen.
[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Apr 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM ]
If that is burgandy what do they call the color on the facemask?I still think they look more red than burgandy.

i need a white willis
[ Edited by DANADA on Apr 25, 2009 at 7:48 AM ]
Again people, don't be too trusting of the shade of red used on these REPLICA jerseys (that's what the site says they are).

Wait for the AUTHENTIC jerseys to be modeled with the AUTHENTIC shade of red in a few hours, and then pass judgment. I'm willing to bet it's at least a brighter shade (though not the bright scarlet) than the ones shown so far.

It's probably gonna be in between the bright 80's scarlet and the dark 96-08 burgundy/cardinal/crimson/garnet.
[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Apr 25, 2009 at 7:54 AM ]
If that is burgandy what do they call the color on the facemask?I still think they look more red than burgandy.

uhh, the facemasks are gray, but if you meant the helmet stripes and logo, yeah the red does look brighter than the ones on the jerseys.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Go Niners !

(See above helmet pic)

1) It's already been decided the facemask will be neutral gray (fine with me). Seems to me if red, white or black had been chosen there would have been an uproar no matter what color had been chosen. Grey seems to be the wise compromise color since its neutral and blends in with everything (from afar).

2) The pants will have red-white-red striping (to match with the design of the aforementioned helmet). As for the thickness of the stripes and the pats color itself (metallic gold or dull khaki) remains to be seen.

Yeah, but the stripe on the helmet seems lighter than the jersey color. They're going to have to darken it up to match the jersey...........same with the pants, me thinks.........
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

uhh, the facemasks are gray, but if you meant the helmet stripes and logo, yeah the red does look brighter than the ones on the jerseys.

That could be due to lighting. There's a light source shining right down onto the stripe of the helmet.
Share 49ersWebzone