LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 195 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Rock Paper Scissors for it

when my thread gets the Official flair next to the title

I started the DeMeco thread. This is a good omen.

I like this hire. And he's not likely to get plucked away even if he end up being DC of the year.
Somebody sell me on his defensive coordinator experience. I get he has exp as a head coach but looking at his resume he''s only been a DC twice for 1 year each?
If he does really well and becomes a head coach next year, do we get more comp picks then?
Someone tell me how to feeeeel…

Optimistic, cautiously. Allow Steve Wilks the chance to prove himself and then later on make a more informed opinion.
Any CAR bros that are FAs we may be in play for with this?
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
If he does really well and becomes a head coach next year, do we get more comp picks then?

Yes.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:

Yes.

The San Francisco 49CompPicks
I like it. He does good work in the secondary. Essentially another experienced HC.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:

You beat him by a New York minute.

Just great. Another one and done coordinator that will feed off of Kyle's success. Bitter sweet moment. I think he's a good one but he's head coach material which means we'll lose him after one or two seasons.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Somebody sell me on his defensive coordinator experience. I get he has exp as a head coach but looking at his resume he''s only been a DC twice for 1 year each?

Not that he is infallible, but the same guy who hired Wilks, also hired Saleh and Demeco.

Trust the process.
Maybe he can lure an interior D lineman from Carolina to take a team-friendly deal?
Originally posted by Heroism:

Share 49ersWebzone