LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 185 users in the forums

Proposed Rule to Ease Jersey Number Restrictions

Shop 49ers game tickets
Seems like the oldheads aren't a fan of it lol. I honestly don't really care lol. I can see Warner change his number to 4.
The jersey # rule should be this:

If you are fat: 0-29
If you are not fat: 30-99
So if a player wants to change his number he will have to buy out the remaining jerseys with their current number on them? Well Fred Warner and Deebo may want to wait til their second contract to make that move. Verrett will have to buy like 4 jerseys lol
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
So if a player wants to change his number he will have to buy out the remaining jerseys with their current number on them? Well Fred Warner and Deebo may want to wait til their second contract to make that move. Verrett will have to buy like 4 jerseys lol

Just for this year
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Seems like the oldheads aren't a fan of it lol. I honestly don't really care lol. I can see Warner change his number to 4.

I hope to dear god he don't. They'll look like high schoolers out there.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Bahahaha the old guard are like I don't know how they do it in college
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

How do people hate this guy
  • evil
  • Veteran
How do people hate this guy

When he included "I'd like to speak to the manager please" with that tweet I hope someone replied with "Okay Karen."

I agree with TB12 on this. This IS a dumb idea. This is a grown man league, not collage or high school.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 23, 2021 at 8:09 PM ]
Won't it confuse refs identifying a lineman downfield with #81 on their jerseys?
Especially lean McGlinchey. He could pass for a TE
Originally posted by Sourball:
Won't it confuse refs identifying a lineman downfield with #81 on their jerseys?

College refs seem to handle it just fine
Originally posted by Sourball:

College refs seem to handle it just fine

That issue was brought up by an NFL QB but with replay it could easily be overruled. Not that we need more replays to slow the game down. It seems like every rule the the NFL passes just makes it a little harder for the officials. It's getting to the point where they're going to call a penalty on every play and then analyze the replay to see if there actually was one. What do they care if the games run 4 hours. That's just more commercial time to sell trucks and beer.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Apr 24, 2021 at 8:00 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone