LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Stephon Gilmore, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eric1079:
Just read this online, and if he ends up signing with the Rams someone in the 49ers back office need to contact the Rams and ask for a tutorial on how to keep signing all these big time, high priced players and still stay under the salary cap.

Lol its pretty easy if you pay attention.
Also
Oh thank you football gods
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Oh thank you football gods

Hell yeahhhhhhh thank you IND. The rams.....good luck covering every teams 2 nfc and 3rd wrs with no pass rush help from Von Miller
Good for Indy. They are legit superbowl contenders now.
Now we just need the Eagles to sign Honey badger and we won't have to worry about the Rams doing anything else to improve their team. There is nobody else out there and they don't have many draft picks.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Now we just need the Eagles to sign Honey badger and we won't have to worry about the Rams doing anything else to improve their team. There is nobody else out there and they don't have many draft picks.

Exactly. Honey badger and maybe Suh need to get signed. I was surprised Suh did that well per snap
I am really bummed by this signing. I try not to be one of those posters who constantly says "why didnt we ___" when a big name is traded for peanuts or signed for a mega deal. But this was an incredibly realistic signing at a very reasonable price.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I am really bummed by this signing. I try not to be one of those posters who constantly says "why didnt we ___" when a big name is traded for peanuts or signed for a mega deal. But this was an incredibly realistic signing at a very reasonable price.

I agree I have been on his nuts for the past couple years wanting to trade for him. I even was OK with Casey Hayward because he is still a very very good starting corner as well for very cheap. If we had one of those two corners we would've won the Super Bowl last year. Oh well

2 years $23 million for Gilmore. Lil too pricey for my tastes but that's on par with what we gave Sherman back in the day.
Originally posted by elguapo:

I agree I have been on his nuts for the past couple years wanting to trade for him. I even was OK with Casey Hayward because he is still a very very good starting corner as well for very cheap. If we had one of those two corners we would've won the Super Bowl last year. Oh well

honestly id rather have ward than gilmore

gilmore is at the age where you see a drop off and is coming off an injury and CB drop offs are huge
Originally posted by ritz126:

gilmore is at the age where you see a drop off and is coming off an injury and CB drop offs are huge

Same. I'm way and I mean… WAY more upset about not landing Chandler Jones. I don't see Gilmore being that great over the next several years.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by ritz126:

Same. I'm way and I mean… WAY more upset about not landing Chandler Jones. I don't see Gilmore being that great over the next several years.

Oh I never said I would have rather had Gilmore than Ward. But why not both? At $10M per year with only year 1 guaranteed, there is one reason and one reason alone that we weren't able to sign a player like this. And it's infuriating to me.
stephon gilmore and trevon diggs is not too bad for the cowboys
Share 49ersWebzone