LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Does it ever go well when this is the thinking of the HC??

I don't interpret this as Singletary like if that's what is implied. No way DeMeco can come from this franchise and thinking the quarterback is simply a piece, equal to the others.

Takes more than just the qb is what Demeco was saying. Look at Buffalo with Josh Allen.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Have they hired anybody yet for this staff?

Not that I've seen. I'm getting anxious. I want to know what if any coaches are going with him. I want to know what our coaching staff looks like going into the next year.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
My expectations for him would be atleast playoffs by year 3. If better and earlier than that then its just cherries on top.

He's going to be fired by the end of year 3. The Texans are a mess from the very top down. He made the mistake of picking a familiar situation over picking the best situation. If your first job as a HC goes poorly it's tough to get that 2nd chance. He's a defensive minded guy that picked a team with no QB and a clueless FO.

+1

He should've learned from Saleh's situation.

On the bright side, the Texans were competitive against a lot of really good teams last year and he won't have to play any powerhouse teams or superstar QB's in the AFC South.

If they were competitive then just how bad is the team? Its kinda contradictive to the previous poster who said the team is a mess from top to bottom.

I have no issues with him going to the Texans. Just like any HC gig, the only thing that matters is QB. Saleh appears to have swung and miss with Wilson as QB. If he drafted the right QB he'd be sitting pretty right now.

Signing Garoppolo will solve the problem. Davis Mills might still develop with a good system and coaching. Last season was a mess. Now draft a developmental prospect and Ryans should be good to go. There is a good amount of young talent on that team.

Why draft a developmental project when you have the 2 pick? Select one of the top rated guys and develop him. Mills can be the back up developmental guy.

If one of the top two guys seemed likely to succeed in any NFL offense it would be worth considering but I wouldn't say Young or Stroud are more likely than not to be really good (or durable) even in an ideal system. Ryans is inexperienced even as a coordinator but can win games with Mills and a good defense IMO. Seems like the quickest and most likely path to watchable football, the playoffs and job security.

edit: Throw Jimmy G and some O-line picks in there and I think he's got a good setup.
[ Edited by Midbay on Feb 9, 2023 at 1:46 PM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
My expectations for him would be atleast playoffs by year 3. If better and earlier than that then its just cherries on top.

He's going to be fired by the end of year 3. The Texans are a mess from the very top down. He made the mistake of picking a familiar situation over picking the best situation. If your first job as a HC goes poorly it's tough to get that 2nd chance. He's a defensive minded guy that picked a team with no QB and a clueless FO.

+1

He should've learned from Saleh's situation.

On the bright side, the Texans were competitive against a lot of really good teams last year and he won't have to play any powerhouse teams or superstar QB's in the AFC South.

If they were competitive then just how bad is the team? Its kinda contradictive to the previous poster who said the team is a mess from top to bottom.

I have no issues with him going to the Texans. Just like any HC gig, the only thing that matters is QB. Saleh appears to have swung and miss with Wilson as QB. If he drafted the right QB he'd be sitting pretty right now.

Signing Garoppolo will solve the problem. Davis Mills might still develop with a good system and coaching. Last season was a mess. Now draft a developmental prospect and Ryans should be good to go. There is a good amount of young talent on that team.

Why draft a developmental project when you have the 2 pick? Select one of the top rated guys and develop him. Mills can be the back up developmental guy.

Because throwing a rookie QB into the fire on a bad team is how careers are destroyed (both coaches and quarterbacks).

Win some games now and let your young guy sit and learn from a consumate professional who knows the offense inside and out.
  • All22
  • Veteran
What I really want to know is does Ryans like Trey Lance enough to trade us the #12 pick. Then we draft a stud OT or DE or CB and rock with Brock.
[ Edited by All22 on Feb 9, 2023 at 2:36 PM ]
What I really want to know is does Ryans like Trey Lance enough to trade us the #12 pick. Then we draft a stud OT or DE or CB and rock with Brock.

They call it a pipe dream, as in, you are hitting the pipe to be thinking along these lines
  • evil
  • Veteran

Nick Caserio is the GM. It's not as simple as does Ryans want to trade X for X.
Originally posted by evil:

Nick Caserio is the GM. It's not as simple as does Ryans want to trade X for X.

plus 3 ones invested.. one coming back.. that's winning in reverse.. aka losing
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

They call it a pipe dream, as in, you are hitting the pipe to be thinking along these lines

They traded DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson and a second. Anything is possible.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

They traded DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson and a second. Anything is possible.

That was the now NE Pats OC.. he gone lol

I get you tho

Congrats to Meco, AP assistant coach of the year
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Congrats to Meco, AP assistant coach of the year

Yes congratulations.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 9, 2023 at 6:25 PM ]
Apparently someone else is going to have to carry the Boombox next year as DeMeco is taking D.J. Nick Kray with him.

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/2023/02/10/texans-adding-nick-kray-as-chief-of-staff/
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 9, 2023 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Apparently someone else is going to have to carry the Boombox next year as DeMeco is taking D.J. Nick Kray with him.

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/2023/02/10/texans-adding-nick-kray-as-chief-of-staff/

Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

when it rains, it pours.
Share 49ersWebzone