Originally posted by 9ers4u:
I just hope we keep Kocurek.

Why wouldn't we? He doesn't want to be a DC

you don't really know what people want
Originally posted by NYniner85:

No real reason why, changing coordinators usually has a trickle down effect for position coaches.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:

I think he's said he doesn't want to be a DC, he's happy as a DL coach. Keep DeMeco as DC, Kocurek as DL, and get Bobby Turner back as RB coach, so Juice re-signs. Need a new QB coach, ST Coordinator, and OL coach though. Plus will need new Pass Game Coordinator and maybe Run Game Coordinator.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Kocurek connects with his players in part because they know he has no aspirations to be a head coach or a coordinator. His passion is the trenches, and it comes through in every conversation or text message. He is what he is -- a person who played D-line in high school, in college and for two seasons with the Tennessee Titans -- and he's fine with that. He understands not only the position but the mindset to be successful, which is why he demands that his players give to him the same things he gives to them: energy, focus and an unwavering commitment to be better than they were the day before.

https://www.nfl.com/news/d-line-junkie-kris-kocurek-the-force-behind-49ers-relentless-un-0ap3000001099898
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I think he's said he doesn't want to be a DC, he's happy as a DL coach. Keep DeMeco as DC, Kocurek as DL, and get Bobby Turner back as RB coach, so Juice re-signs. Need a new QB coach, ST Coordinator, and OL coach though. Plus will need new Pass Game Coordinator and maybe Run Game Coordinator.

Hoping we keep McDaniel. However, special teams is number 1. Hoping we can get Scangarello back as QB Coach.

Good job. Proud of him. I knew he could do it.

This is the most important thing...
He'll be leading the #1 defense in the league next season

Lol he said he didn't want to be...
Originally posted by boast:

Kocurek connects with his players in part because they know he has no aspirations to be a head coach or a coordinator. His passion is the trenches, and it comes through in every conversation or text message. He is what he is -- a person who played D-line in high school, in college and for two seasons with the Tennessee Titans -- and he's fine with that. He understands not only the position but the mindset to be successful, which is why he demands that his players give to him the same things he gives to them: energy, focus and an unwavering commitment to be better than they were the day before.

https://www.nfl.com/news/d-line-junkie-kris-kocurek-the-force-behind-49ers-relentless-un-0ap3000001099898

Thank you
Share 49ersWebzone