LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

DeMeco Ryans, Texans HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

We should definitely give Klay Kubiak the title that Bobby had so DeMeco doesn't try to take him as well.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 13, 2023 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
We should definitely give Klay Kubiak the title that Bobby had, so DeMeco doesn't try to take him as well.

Unless he's hiring him for special teams coordinator, the 49ers could just refuse to let him go.

We should definitely give Klay Kubiak the title that Bobby had, so DeMeco doesn't try to take him as well.

DeMeco, Bro, I love you. But for God sakes man that's enough already. You gonna fill your whole staff from Shanny's staff? Really? Go find your own staff. I wish you well but you're the HC now. Do the work yourself instead of raiding our staff.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Unless he's hiring him for special teams coordinator, the 49ers could just refuse to let him go.

I really hope Shanny blocks as much of his coaching staff as the rules allow. I understand that you don't wanna have the reputation of blocking coaches advancement, but there comes a point where you have to maintain some continuity in the coaching staff. Plus, it isn't Shanny's job to groom and train the leagues future coaches. Instead of raiding your former teams coaching staff take a page out of Shanny's book and groom and train your own goddamn coaches, just like he did with DeMeco, Salah, McDaniel, and a ton of other ones. I think there should be rules preventing new coaches from raiding their former team's coaching staff to fill their own, or at least limit them to 2. Look, I trust Shanny's ability to hire good people. But he won't be able to always bat 1000. Having to deal with new DC's and offensive staff every year like this you're bound to make a bad hire that will prove costly.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Feb 12, 2023 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

I really hope Shanny blocks as much of his coaching staff as the rules allow. I understand that you don't wanna have the reputation of blocking coaches advancement, but there comes a point where you have to maintain some continuity in the coaching staff. Plus, it isn't Shanny's job to groom and train the leagues future coaches. Instead of raiding your former teams coaching staff take a page out of Shanny's book and groom and train your own goddamn coaches, just like he did with DeMeco, Salah, McDaniel, and a ton of other ones. I think there should be rules preventing new coaches from raiding their former team's coaching staff to fill their own, or at least limit them to 2. Look, I trust Shanny's ability to hire good people. But he won't be able to always bat 1000. Having to deal with new DC's and offensive staff every year like this you're bound to make a bad hire that will prove costly.

I get the frustration, but blocking guys from promotions? When would it be okay to let them leave? Unless you hire some unemployed guy, the coach is coming from someone's staff.

DeMeco, Bro, I love you. But for God sakes man that's enough already. You gonna fill your whole staff from Shanny's staff? Really? Go find your own staff. I wish you well but you're the HC now. Do the work yourself instead of raiding our staff.

This please. Use your connections to get some guys from somewhere else please!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I get the frustration, but blocking guys from promotions? When would it be okay to let them leave? Unless you hire some unemployed guy, the coach is coming from someone's staff.

We cannot keep letting other teams buzzard pick our staff. Let them find others
Originally posted by NinerJeff:

How many people has he taken? I only know of two. Slowik and the defensive quality control guy.

How many people has he taken? I only know of two. Slowik and the defensive quality control guy.

Or how about grooming and training their own goddamn coaches? Is it Shanny's job to do this for the league? These guys are hired as HC's now. Go find your own guys. Every year we're loosing DC's, QC's, pass and run gam coordinators, etc. Repeatedly, Shanny has to bring in/promote and train new guy, which causes this team to get off to slow starts. At some point attrition takes ahold. Personally, I think front offices are plain exploiting Shanny's ability to groom and train coaches, waiting to see who's the next hot young coach on Shanny's staff to pluck. The Chiefs win every year, yet you don't see Andy Reid's staff getting raided like this every year. You don't see him replacing key coaching spots like DC every year.

I know you loose coaches. But it seems like Shanny's coaches are particular favorites for teams to poach. Shanny's coaches have filled key roles in the Jets, Dolphins, Packers, and now Texans. When does it end?
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Feb 12, 2023 at 6:43 PM ]

Or how about grooming and training their own goddamn coaches? Is it Shanny's job to do this for the league? These guys are hired as HC's now. Go find your own guys. Every year we're loosing DC's, QC's, pass and run gam coordinators, etc. Repeatedly, Shanny has to bring in/promote and train new guy, which causes this team to get off to slow starts. At some point attrition takes ahold. Personally, I think front offices are plain exploiting Shanny's ability to groom and train coaches, waiting to see who's the next hot young coach on Shanny's staff to pluck. The Chiefs win every year, yet you don't see Andy Reid's staff getting raided like this every year. You don't see him replacing key coaching spots like DC every year.

I know you loose coaches. But it seems like Shanny's coaches are particular favorites for teams to poach. Shanny's coaches have filled key roles in the Jets, Dolphins, Packers, and now Texans. When does it end?

Hopefully this year. We need a 1 to 2 year break. But if DeMeco looks good, NFL teams will come pecking again.
Knowing Ryans, he's gotta be thinking defense, qb pressure with the high 1st rd pick.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Knowing Ryans, he's gotta be thinking defense, qb pressure with the high 1st rd pick.

He also has to be thinking about QBs.

Ultimately it isn't Meco's decision though, it's Caserio's.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
plus 3 ones invested.. one coming back.. that's winning in reverse.. aka losing

Two 1's

not this convo

who did we spend our 2021 one on?
okay now who did we spend the 22 on?
who will we spend the 23 on?

answer with the guy we took.. if the answer is Trey Lance with all 3.. then that's ballgame

Didnt realize you took all the Trey Lance tears to DeMeco's thread as well...lol.
The Slowik hire is very risky, the man has never called plays before. Backfired badly for Rich Scangarello in Denver, we shall see how Bobby does.
Share 49ersWebzone