LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Deshaun Watson

Shop 49ers game tickets

Deshaun Watson

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Restructure his deal in 2022. That shirt doesn't matter if you KNOW he's the long-term FQB. Cap is gonna go through the roof with the new TV deals.

True I forgot 2022 is when the caps supposed to get a big jump from that. Alright I am removing my hat from the Stafford pile and throwing it into the Watson pile.

It's funny people b***hing about cap space realize that if they restructure Jimmy's contract it's gonna be damn near identical to Watson's in 2021/2022
It's funny people b***hing about cap space realize that if they restructure Jimmy's contract it's gonna be damn near identical to Watson's in 2021/2022

But hey IF he stays healthy and IF our defense is unstoppable and IF our running game is league leading he MIGHT be a top 10 QB
  • Mr711
I just don't see any way Houston trades Watson. You have to offer a QB, along with multiple draft picks. Never say it can't happen as we've seen some crazy things go down but I just don't see a team trading their franchise QB
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Trading the 12th pick and the 2022 32nd pick and the 2023 32nd pick doesn't seem that bad imo

No it does not.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Wait, you guys are actually discussing this?
Originally posted by FL9er:

Dreaming is free lol

Let us have fun.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

But hey IF he stays healthy and IF our defense is unstoppable and IF our running game is league leading he MIGHT be a top 10 QB

lol right
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Agreed. Plus I'd rather trade up for Zach Wilson if they're trading for a QB.

You would rather trade up for an unproven prospect than trade for a 25 year old perennial Pro Bowler?

When the cost is probably 3 to 4 times a much? Hell yes. The cost to get Watson would torpedo this franchise for a decade.

The idea that it would take 3 or 4 TIMES as much to trade for Watson is absurd to me.

The STARTING price is three years of first and second rounders PLUS a high end roster player. f**k that, we might get one ring in before the mess catches up to us but our roster would be a dumpster fire for a decade after. His cap hit in two years if 40 million.....you wont even be able resign what we have much less cover the holes he creates in free agency. Compare that to one year of losing a few picks to secure a high end rookie talent and actually create 20 million in cap room? Yeah I am going with the rookie....Watson at the price that is being reported us f**king stupid.

Trading up for Wilson would likely cost 3 first round picks, if he in fact would be taken 2nd or 3rd like most mocks are saying. So 9 to 12 first round picks for Watson? Hook me up with what you are smoking on sir.

And his cap hit is completely irrelevant. Restructures are a thing.

you are delusional

along with just about every other fan base

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
I just don't see any way Houston trades Watson. You have to offer a QB, along with multiple draft picks. Never say it can't happen as we've seen some crazy things go down but I just don't see a team trading their franchise QB

and Jimmy has a no trade clause
Originally posted by okdkid:
Trading the 12th pick and the 2022 32nd pick and the 2023 32nd pick doesn't seem that bad imo

No it does not.

It will be a good deal more than that....there are maybe 6 teams in the whole league wouldn't be actively trying to get him or drive up the price
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Agreed. Plus I'd rather trade up for Zach Wilson if they're trading for a QB.

You would rather trade up for an unproven prospect than trade for a 25 year old perennial Pro Bowler?

When the cost is probably 3 to 4 times a much? Hell yes. The cost to get Watson would torpedo this franchise for a decade.

The idea that it would take 3 or 4 TIMES as much to trade for Watson is absurd to me.

The STARTING price is three years of first and second rounders PLUS a high end roster player. f**k that, we might get one ring in before the mess catches up to us but our roster would be a dumpster fire for a decade after. His cap hit in two years if 40 million.....you wont even be able resign what we have much less cover the holes he creates in free agency. Compare that to one year of losing a few picks to secure a high end rookie talent and actually create 20 million in cap room? Yeah I am going with the rookie....Watson at the price that is being reported us f**king stupid.

Trading up for Wilson would likely cost 3 first round picks, if he in fact would be taken 2nd or 3rd like most mocks are saying. So 9 to 12 first round picks for Watson? Hook me up with what you are smoking on sir.

And his cap hit is completely irrelevant. Restructures are a thing.

you are delusional

If I was to post a poll somehow on this site that asked if it would take 9 to 12 first round picks for Watson or not, I would bet you that there isnt a single person on this board other than you that would vote yes.

You, sir, are the delusional one.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Jan 7, 2021 at 12:05 PM ]

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 7, 2021 at 12:27 PM ]
For Watson I would give:
2021 draft: 1st and 2nd rd picks
2022 draft 1st and 2nd rd picks
2023 draft 3rd rd pick
Plus Jimmy who they can deal to NE for a 3rd or 4th rd pick
Share 49ersWebzone