LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Deshaun Watson

Shop 49ers game tickets

Deshaun Watson

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Agreed. Plus I'd rather trade up for Zach Wilson if they're trading for a QB.

You would rather trade up for an unproven prospect than trade for a 25 year old perennial Pro Bowler?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

You would rather trade up for an unproven prospect than trade for a 25 year old perennial Pro Bowler?

Yeah that's a strange take.

When the cost is probably 3 to 4 times a much? Hell yes. The cost to get Watson would torpedo this franchise for a decade.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wonder if the jets or jags would give up their 1st round pick in this year's draft to get watson? (I don't think the Texans would trade within the division but still)

He has a no-trade clause, he has to waive it to be moved...so basically he would pick the team.

Not a chance in hell he goes to another rebuild.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 7, 2021 at 10:14 AM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
No way in hell this organization gives up the draft capital to get him IF he's available

You would rather give up the draft capital for the unproven commodity.

Webzone=
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
When the cost is probably 3 to 4 times a much? Hell yes. The cost to get Watson would torpedo this franchise for a decade.

Why would it? Because we don't get to draft 3 1st rd picks? Those players could bust just as easy. We got 2 1st rd picks last yr anyway.

This team hits on day 3 picks just as much as they hit on top 50 picks lol.

If this is true at all...you can have 2021-2023 1sts and toss in some future 3rds.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Why would it? Because we don't get to draft 3 1st rd picks? Those players could bust just as easy. We got 2 1st rd picks last yr anyway.

If this is true at all...you can have 2021-2023 1sts and toss in some future 3rds.

And we will throw in AA, Jimmie Ward and some other picks for Watt. K thanks I'll get back to reality now
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Give them Jimmy, Caserio coming from the Pats would probably take him. He can at least hold the fort
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Give them Jimmy, Caserio coming from the Pats would probably take him. He can at least hold the fort

He's all theirs lol.

Honestly that Texan fan base would look like the Trumpers on capital hill yesterday if they did something like this lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

f**k it why not lol
Originally posted by Hopper:

Yeah it makes too much sense...also you can toss out all those rebuilding teams like Jags/Jets. He has a no-trade clause and isn't waiving that s**t to join another rebuild.
I'm TOTALLY down!!!!!

The idea that it would take 3 or 4 TIMES as much to trade for Watson is absurd to me.
Originally posted by English:
Too much.

What is too much?

The likely cost in terms of picks. The cap hit after the first year, reportedly, is pretty eye watering as well.
Share 49ersWebzone