There are 240 users in the forums

Deshaun Watson

Shop 49ers game tickets

Deshaun Watson

• NM16
  • Veteran
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/will-deshaun-watson-ask-for-a-trade/
What would you give up for him if this actually becomes true? Hes only 25 and I think hes top 5 already, under shanny he can become #1 in the league with mahomes. I'd give up our first two picks for the next 3 years plus jimmy if that's what needed to be done
[ Edited by English on Mar 19, 2022 at 12:43 PM ]
#12, #42, 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd, Deebo Samuel. That's the offer I would make.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NM16:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/will-deshaun-watson-ask-for-a-trade/
What would you give up for him if this actually becomes true? Hes only 25 and I think hes top 5 already, under shanny he can become #1 in the league with mahomes. I'd give up our first two picks for the next 3 years plus jimmy if that's what needed to be done

I would imagine they'd only take draft picks that could net them a top qb prospect.
It will never happen, but I would be looking at offering Three years of first rounders and not much more. The way his deal is structured his cap hit is 15 mil next year but jumps to 40 the next two. We would need a lot of our pics and most of our good roster players to keep him even with a restructure. I cant say he wouldnt look amazing in red and gold, but we just aren't bad enough to land him without making ourselves bad enough to land him. The teams that can afford what it would cost to get him are the real bottom feeders who are hoarding salary cap and picks.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Jan 7, 2021 at 8:27 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
#12, #42, 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd, Deebo Samuel. That's the offer I would make.

It's going to take atleast 3 first round picks.
Give them all the picks.

Maybe they will take 2 first round picks, 1 second round pick, and Jimmy G.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jan 7, 2021 at 8:37 AM ]
I wonder if the jets or jags would give up their 1st round pick in this year's draft to get watson? (I don't think the Texans would trade within the division but still)
I would do whatever it takes if he is really available.
Too much.
No way in hell this organization gives up the draft capital to get him IF he's available

• TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
It will never happen, but I would be looking at offering Three years of first rounders and not much more. The way his deal is structured his cap hit is 15 mil next year but jumps to 40 the next two. We would need a lot of our pics and most of our good roster players to keep him even with a restructure. I cant say he wouldnt look amazing in red and gold, but we just aren't bad enough to land him without making ourselves bad enough to land him. The teams that can afford what it would cost to get him are the real bottom feeders who are hoarding salary cap and picks.

He's probably going to thin out whoever gets him.

Unless Houston is willing to give someone another Hopkins deal.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
No way in hell this organization gives up the draft capital to get him IF he's available

Agreed. Plus I'd rather trade up for Zach Wilson if they're trading for a QB.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You would rather give up the draft capital for the unproven commodity.
Originally posted by English:
Too much.

What is too much?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I want Watson who should've been a 9er in 17' but I just can't picture and terrified of giving up a ton for him plus adding that money to the cap. Most I'll do is 2 1sts a 2nd and Jimmy. This team with Watson, god willing health and depending how fast Watson understands Kyle's system this team is averaging 35 and a lock for the NFCCG and would put money they're going to the SB.

I rather take the proven commodity whose a top 5 qb than a rookie on top of that he's in his prime at 25
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Jan 7, 2021 at 9:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone