There are 597 users in the forums

New England Patriots thread is the best?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol touché. But BB. I just think he and that entire franchise are such poor sports. It's remarkable to me how this seems to always get glossed over.

Yes. Squeaky clean franchise! Not!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by English:
So, when will Brady retire? Belichick?

Brady says he'll play next year, or rather it's most likely. So retirement looks off the table. Belichick? I think he'll keep winning but not at the Brady era level. Someone with absolute power rarely steps aside. His goal is to find a QB, and he has enough draft ammunition to do it. The big question is will the Pats resign Brady. Two years at 50+ million or 1 year 27+, if the Krafts have any business sense they say bye-bye. Jerry and Joe were traded so it would not set a precedent to see Brady leave NE.

I doubt he comes back. If Beli is serious about continue to coach, then the "rebuild" needs to start happening. I bet Brady goes to Denver.

I heard on Jim Rome a while back that Brady wants to play for a Cali team at the end of his career. Can't be the 9ers (would love to see him as a 9ers), Rams just gave Goff a ton of money. Chargers is the best bet right now with Rivers' contract up too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Brady says he'll play next year, or rather it's most likely. So retirement looks off the table. Belichick? I think he'll keep winning but not at the Brady era level. Someone with absolute power rarely steps aside. His goal is to find a QB, and he has enough draft ammunition to do it. The big question is will the Pats resign Brady. Two years at 50+ million or 1 year 27+, if the Krafts have any business sense they say bye-bye. Jerry and Joe were traded so it would not set a precedent to see Brady leave NE.

I doubt he comes back. If Beli is serious about continue to coach, then the "rebuild" needs to start happening. I bet Brady goes to Denver.

I heard on Jim Rome a while back that Brady wants to play for a Cali team at the end of his career. Can't be the 9ers (would love to see him as a 9ers), Rams just gave Goff a ton of money. Chargers is the best bet right now with Rivers' contract up too.

Ya Chargers would make sense as well.
Gotta love Belichick's answer to the stupid "what would you say to the fans that have stuck with you through thick and thin" question. Reporter, please. No NFL fan base has ever been so blessed by a dominant team for so long. They should be more than grateful.
Originally posted by MagaBosa:

Lol why would Denver want him? They have Drew Lock

Oh ya i forgot about the great Drew Lock lol.

Drew Lock currently is better than Brady.

I can't wait to see Brady on another team with a worse offensive line. He is going to get killed
This feels like the end of an era for the Pats dynasty
Originally posted by Niners_D:

It does. At least as presently constructed. They need more weapons and Brady is not getting any younger, so I don't see them getting better in time to make use of Brady, nor do I see them finding a suitable replacement for Brady very soon. Garoppolo was that guy and they traded him away. Not smart.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

It does. At least as presently constructed. They need more weapons and Brady is not getting any younger, so I don't see them getting better in time to make use of Brady, nor do I see them finding a suitable replacement for Brady very soon. Garoppolo was that guy and they traded him away. Not smart.

I don't think they had much of a choice with not trading him. He was drafted in 2014, which would've made him a FA in 2018. They dont trade him, they lose him for nothing possibly. Other option is franchise tag him 2 years in a row and pay over 60 mil for a back up. And thats without knowing how bad Brady was gonna be this year.

Maybe he signs with the Raiders.....oh wait
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree. They found Garoppolo a couple of years too early.

• jcs
  • Veteran

Ya Chargers would make sense as well.

They open that stadium next season and need to sell tickets.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

They've won a Superbowl and have been to two since the trade that brought us Jimmy....I'm sure that more than makes up for it.
Look at how mad Bellicheat gets when somebody else uses his exploits. He loses it.
Originally posted by jcs:

They've won a Superbowl and have been to two since the trade that brought us Jimmy....I'm sure that more than makes up for it.

Yeah the one more Super Bowl title with Brady absolutely does soften the blow. Losing a third Super Bowl not so much. Making a Super Bowl and losing is not much of a prize. The point is they sacrificed a longer term future (extending their run for another decade plus) with Garoppolo for a handful of years with Brady and the old gang, and then the memories of yesteryear as they return to NFL mediocrity. Belichik must have been pissed when Kraft forced his hand, Belichik knew what he had in Garoppolo. Credit Belichik for doing right by Jimmy G and doing us a favor in the process. Patriots fans and BB will feel awful when they watch Jimmy G when a ring (I'll go out on a limb to say) and more as the 49ers QB. It's an incredible juxtaposition to the 49ers' transition of the early '90s, both organizations managed to win one more Super Bowl title, so it worked out in both cases.
Share 49ersWebzone