There are 297 users in the forums

Joe Namath says he healed his football-induced brain trauma

Shop 49ers game tickets
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-mark-sanchez-joe-namath-believes-can-play-another-15-years-051116

You guys believe this guy ?

How can you believe he "reversed" CTE when you can only diagnose it when you are dead .
Here's the thing:

He's a bit of a retard.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by cciowa:
still trying to figure out what he is doing in the hall of fame

Lol same.

He did a lot for the game and helped make football popular. The merger was the best thing that happened to the nfl, and he played a big role in that. And back then, you had very few QBs putting big numbers anyways or have longevity.

what did he do for the game? he won one super bowl. did he change the game.. did he make the nfl change rules like they did with LT.

Not much

The Jets beating the Colts put the NFL on the path to its current success.

His guarantee was the stuff of legend BUT he - himself, didn't make an impact on the status of the game or the league.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pretty much in a nutshell, he is saying the NFL knows about the research on how to repair the brain damage, but they're so scared that the use of hyperbaric oxygen chambers would imply admission of the game being damaging -- something everyone already knows anyway -- they would let that fear dictate their decisions to the point that they'd rather carry on pretending to help the head injury crisis by simply changing rules instead of providing the players with the obvious medical treatment they need to preserve their health.

Unfortunately and quite embarrassingly sad to say, as egregiously negligent as that would be, the NFL has already proven such things are most definitely not beyond them.
Sorry, I'm not buying it. I know everyone loves to hate on corporations and portray them as evil villains but it doesn't make sense in this case.

Yeah, the NFL has done some terrible things, but the cat is out of the bag already. They've made tons of changes to make the game safer. They're trying to phase kick returns out of the game. They're coddling quarterbacks. They have a much more rigorous concussion protocol now. Unnecessary roughness is called when more frequently than before. All of those things are basically direct admissions of guilt and their way of saying, "crap, we have to take player health and safety more seriously".

If this is is some magical panacea, why on earth would they not embrace it? Preventative measures in the health insurance industry are widely embraced, i.e. your health insurance will help pay for a gym membership because a healthy, active person is much cheaper to care for in the long run-- it's a net win for them financially. Even if the NFL is a blood-sucking corporation that only cares about money and profits, it would still benefit them on that front.

Sorry if I'm not letting a 76-year-old Joe Namath on a Howard ****ing Stern interview sway my mind.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jun 29, 2019 at 6:04 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-mark-sanchez-joe-namath-believes-can-play-another-15-years-051116

How can you believe he "reversed" CTE when you can only diagnose it when you are dead .

I don't believe he said CTE, he said brain damage shown on imaging results.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

You don't believe the brain can be healed?

Look at this: https://www.onehitaway.org/
I like Broadway Joe.

He got it done for his team.
That Joe Namath sincerely believes he has cured his CTE with alternative therapies is further evidence that he's suffering from CTE.

Originally posted by glorydayz:

Yeah, so people selling HBOT treatment are claiming the Canadian government is engaging in a conspiracy to hide the effectiveness of the treatment they're selling?

LOLOLOLOL. Major pass, my man.
I've listened to him on the NFL station on Sirius XM, and he sounds pretty sharp.

I'm not minimizing CTE, I'm just saying he sounds pretty good.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The game was not Barbaric back then, it was football the way it's suppose to be played. Now there's video replay to determine a foul, you can't hit a defenseless player. No hitting above the shoulders or below the knees. Guys like Ronnie Lott and Patrick Willis would be banned. Raider-Steelers games from the 70's would make the casual fan of today faint.

Back when the average lineman weighed 250lbs instead of 320 lbs.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Jul 12, 2019 at 11:35 AM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:
I thought this was pretty interesting, especially considering Joe Namath is an old f**ker from an era where football was truly barbaric. The guy seems to be lucid and all there.

Will watch, thx!
  • Homer
  • Veteran

This. He said parts of his brain showed a certain color on scans and got better with more time in the chamber.

It was a pretty good interview. Said he hasn't been laid in years.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
That Joe Namath sincerely believes he has cured his CTE with alternative therapies is further evidence that he's suffering from CTE.

Yeah, so people selling HBOT treatment are claiming the Canadian government is engaging in a conspiracy to hide the effectiveness of the treatment they're selling?

Dude, stop saying he said things that he didn't. He never claimed he had CTE or cured it for that matter. He said imaging scans showed signs of brain damage, which he underwent hyperbaric treatments for and these were effective in healing that damage, which was evidenced by imaging results with subsequent scans.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 16, 2019 at 10:18 AM ]
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Dude, stop saying he said things that he didn't. He never claimed he had CTE or cured it for that matter. He said imaging scans showed signs of brain damage, which he underwent hyperbaric treatments for and these were effective in healing that damage, which was evidenced by imaging results with subsequent scans.

This.
Originally posted by Homer:

This. He said parts of his brain showed a certain color on scans and got better with more time in the chamber.

It was a pretty good interview. Said he hasn't been laid in years.

He also quit drinking , which guess what ?

Improves the images of the brain scans
Share 49ersWebzone