LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Joe Namath says he healed his football-induced brain trauma

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's a shame more folks aren't watching that video, Hero.

It is.

Almost every reply is just a wisecrack about the guy.

If folks actually watched the video and stayed on topic, this thread could really have some nice on-topic discussion.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
This just in full pints of whiskey and a half pack a day of Marb Reds cures CTE....

Did you watch the video? It has some good stuff in there in general. Maybe it's just me because I work in the medical field.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jun 25, 2019 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The game was not Barbaric back then, it was football the way it's suppose to be played. Now there's video replay to determine a foul, you can't hit a defenseless player. No hitting above the shoulders or below the knees. Guys like Ronnie Lott and Patrick Willis would be banned. Raider-Steelers games from the 70's would make the casual fan of today faint.

I hate that you cant crack back on Defenders (keep your head on a swivel) i was deadly LOL the sport wont last much longer in my opinion ; these weak men are talking about football as if its gladiators in the coliseum and there not even close; but to stay on topic I work with patients who have had brain injuries and are in vision therapy and I cant wait to show this to my DR and look into the benefits of Hyperbaric chambers for Concussion

"It works, I promise you. Not just for traumatic brain injuries and not just for athletes — for a variety of brain ailments as well as for children — there are more traumatic brain injuries around the country every day than there are in athletics and we have discovered help for it."
[ Edited by 49erman723 on Jun 25, 2019 at 12:03 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's a shame more folks aren't watching that video, Hero.

Ditto
Suzy Kolber never outed him to the #metoo police? 👏

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by cciowa:
still trying to figure out what he is doing in the hall of fame

Lol same.

He did a lot for the game and helped make football popular. The merger was the best thing that happened to the nfl, and he played a big role in that. And back then, you had very few QBs putting big numbers anyways or have longevity.

what did he do for the game? he won one super bowl. did he change the game.. did he make the nfl change rules like they did with LT.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
still trying to figure out what he is doing in the hall of fame

Lol same.

He did a lot for the game and helped make football popular. The merger was the best thing that happened to the nfl, and he played a big role in that. And back then, you had very few QBs putting big numbers anyways or have longevity.

what did he do for the game? he won one super bowl. did he change the game.. did he make the nfl change rules like they did with LT.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
you remove the fur coat. the fu manchu, the pantyhose. farah fawcett,. the white shoes and hiedi.. he was just another qb with bad knees in my opinion. not worthy of hall of the fame in my opinion. he was just a game manager in the super bowl. matt snell should have been the mvp, joe namath being named the mvp of the super bowl and in the hall of fame is a joke. he is one of the few people i never felt sorry for at the end of his career in another teams uniform
We get it, he banged your girl friend or something. But this thread isnt to discuss his football career. Thegore says, go create another thread for that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
We get it, he banged your girl friend or something. But this thread isnt to discuss his football career. Thegore says, go create another thread for that.

the cc says. he said what he came for
[ Edited by cciowa on Jun 27, 2019 at 8:51 AM ]

Wow. He's like the new Alex Smith. Triggering fools like its personal.

And here's an article that will shock no one:

https://news.yahoo.com/joe-namath-sex-night-before-super-bowl-173516855.html
Oxygen is the miracle cure for CTE.- Dr. Joe Namath
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Oxygen is the miracle cure for CTE.- Dr. Joe Namath

Bro.. He's not claiming to be a physician.. He's only telling his experience, his condition and what healed him. The research is there to support it, it's not just him who's dealt with this stuff.

Apparently the NFL isn't the only one ignoring it.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Wow. He's like the new Alex Smith. Triggering fools like its personal.

And here's an article that will shock no one:

https://news.yahoo.com/joe-namath-sex-night-before-super-bowl-173516855.html

Meh nobody cares about Smith though, McGibblets is gone.
If thats true than that's life changing to just about the highest degree with these guys. How great would that be for not just players but people in general? Its a shame the NFL is run by a bunch of cowardly businessmen who care more about the brand than the people.
Share 49ersWebzone