Shop 49ers game tickets

Who is better, Cousins or Smith?

• dj43
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

so we shud give him max contract + mullens

This was the guy that Kyle Shanahan wanted!

If Jimmy G doesn't fall in our lap Cousins is our QB hands down! What does this say about his QB talent evaluation skills?

And you think for a moment that Cousins wouldn't have flourished under Kyle? Have you not been watching the coaching job he's done this season?

There was something very important missing from the Vikings this past season = Pat Shurmur. He is a VERY bright offensive mind who helped Eli Manning to his best season in years. The same Eli that everyone said should retire after last season.

Shurmur got the Vikings to the NFCCG last season with Case Keenum! Think about that.

The last time Sam Bradford looked like an NFL QB, Shurmur was his OC.

The point is, Kyle is going to make any QB look a lot better just like Shurmur did with QBs in the past. Had Cousins come here, I have no doubt he would have looked a lot better than he has in Minnesota.

A good coach can make even a guy like Nick Mullens look good.
Originally posted by dj43:

If Jimmy G doesn't fall in our lap Cousins is our QB hands down! What does this say about his QB talent evaluation skills?

And you think for a moment that Cousins wouldn't have flourished under Kyle? Have you not been watching the coaching job he's done this season?

There was something very important missing from the Vikings this past season = Pat Shurmur. He is a VERY bright offensive mind who helped Eli Manning to his best season in years. The same Eli that everyone said should retire after last season.

Shurmur got the Vikings to the NFCCG last season with Case Keenum! Think about that.

The point is, Kyle is going to make any QB look a lot better just like Shurmur did with QBs in the past. Had Cousins come here, I have no doubt he would have looked a lot better than he has in Minnesota.

Great post!!!

No need for the dig on Mullens, he is good, Shanahan could not make Beathard or Hoyer look good. I like Shanahan the coach but the 49ers are fortunate to not be slow building around the above average but not great 30 year old Cousins.

Well said.
  • dj43
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

No need for the dig on Mullens, he is good, Shanahan could not make Beathard or Hoyer look good. I like Shanahan the coach but the 49ers are fortunate to not be slow building around the above average but not great 30 year old Cousins.

Notice the .

I agree Mullens is pretty good.

Notice the .

I agree Mullens is pretty good.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Kirk Cousins completed over 68% of his passes, threw for over 4000 yds, and had 30 TD passes (a 3:1 TD:INT ratio). He was hardly the "main" reason MIN underachieved this year.
Forget cousins, just imagine if Shanahan had wrs like diggs and thielen.
This
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for scottym.
This Zone is the most virulent virus.We continually return to be reinfected. Originally posted by Joecool:
This thread needs to be locked due to vague title. I could be clicking on a virus link never knowing who is better.

Something is missing in here.
Share 49ersWebzone