There are 216 users in the forums

Who is better, Cousins or Smith?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who is better, Cousins or Smith?

• dj43
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
We know they did with Keenum. I think they would do better with a healthy Alex.

With Shurmur calling the offense. How did Keenum look in Denver?

With Shurmur calling the offense in NY, Eli just had a career high in completion %.

DeFilippo was a joke of a coordinator. That was the biggest change in Minnesota. DeFilippo let the hype get to his head and did consistently dumb stuff.

I expect Cousins and that offense to look a lot better next season.

The failure of that offense is one of the biggest stories in the league this season. You look at Thielen, Diggs and Cook you have one of the better overall weapons groups in the league along with a highly regarded defensive mind as HC and yet they are sitting home for the playoffs.

Something has to change there before next season. Mike Florio (yes, that guy) is saying there might be some sort of "mutual parting of the way." I think that is click bait but it shines a light on how poorly things went this season.

Cousins is over-rated, IMO. Too many turnovers in critical situations has been his history. His mental game does not seem to keep up with his physical talent.
Smith has actually had a few clutch performances in his career. Cousins may have the better stats, but if I was fored to start either of them in an important game I'd go with Alex. He has The Catch III on his resume after all.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

so we shud give him max contract + mullens

That is terrible. We dodged a bullet.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

This was the guy that Kyle Shanahan wanted!

If Jimmy G doesn't fall in our lap Cousins is our QB hands down! What does this say about his QB talent evaluation skills?
Originally posted by glorydayz:

If Jimmy G doesn't fall in our lap Cousins is our QB hands down! What does this say about his QB talent evaluation skills?

He passed on Mahomes for Solomon Thomas, that was a big miss.
I am happy with Jimmy G and Mullens, Cousins and Beathard would have been a disaster.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

He passed on Mahomes for Solomon Thomas , that was a big miss.
I am happy with Jimmy G and Mullens, Cousins and Beathard would have been a disaster.

That line just ripped my heart out!

QB Guru huh?
It's telling to me that the Smith Homer's compair him to. Good QBs are not placed with Kirk Cousins.. especially one who has 10 years experience on him. Anyone wanna compare first 6 years instead of 6 years vs 16?
  • Jiks
[ Edited by Jiks on Jan 3, 2019 at 7:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
It's telling to me that the Smith Homer's compair him to. Good QBs are not placed with Kirk Cousins.. especially one who has 10 years experience on him. Anyone wanna compare first 6 years instead of 6 years vs 16?
lol wut.

And you think for a moment that Cousins wouldn't have flourished under Kyle? Have you not been watching the coaching job he's done this season?
Originally posted by WINiner:

And you think for a moment that Cousins wouldn't have flourished under Kyle? Have you not been watching the coaching job he's done this season?

I have actually watched the coaching job he's done over the last two seasons. Other coaches have been fired for less.
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Why is this a poll? Smith took two franchises to the playoffs and was on the way to taking a third....

While cousins has done what?

When did Alex Smith play defense for the 49ers? Because to say he was even remotely responsible for their playoff berth is a reach to say the very least. The top 3 defense is what got us there, because a mediocre defense combined with the offense that Alex led would have resulted in a sub-.500 record.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Why is this a poll? Smith took two franchises to the playoffs and was on the way to taking a third....

When did Alex Smith play defense for the 49ers? Because to say he was even remotely responsible for their playoff berth is a reach to say the very least. The top 3 defense is what got us there, because a mediocre defense combined with the offense that Alex led would have resulted in a sub-.500 record.

Alex did learn how not to screw the game up with Int's, he got the label game manager that IMO made him a top 10 QB in the NFL for some of his time in the league.
Originally posted by Empire49:

Alex did learn how not to screw the game up with Int's, he got the label game manager that IMO made him a top 10 QB in the NFL for some of his time in the league.

"Some of his time in the league" would be roughly half of 2017.
Share 49ersWebzone