LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers Rebuilding Plan

Shop 49ers game tickets
The Bears may have flashed last year (thanks to Vic Fangio), but I don't think their success will be sustained whereas the 49ers are building for sustained success. Good possibility the 49ers rebuild accelerates this season.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Sep 5, 2019 at 11:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
The Bears may have flashed last year (thanks to Vic Fangio), but I don't think their success will be sustained whereas the 49ers are building for sustained success. Good possibility the 49ers rebuild accelerates this season.

They still have a great DC bro. Pagano is proven.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

their d legit still, the problem is Jags syndrome when the d sees trubisky and the offense struggle and it brings the d down like it did the Jags with Bortles
That's always a danger when teams suddenly go from the bottom to the top. Bottom teams sometimes get a favorable schedule and then have everything fall into place so the get some wins that they probably shouldn't have. Then they go into the off season not realizing how many weaknesses they still have and fall back to earth the next year. It happens a lot. Look a Jacksonville a couple of years ago.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
That's always a danger when teams suddenly go from the bottom to the top. Bottom teams sometimes get a favorable schedule and then have everything fall into place so the get some wins that they probably shouldn't have. Then they go into the off season not realizing how many weaknesses they still have and fall back to earth the next year. It happens a lot. Look a Jacksonville a couple of years ago.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but I'll give them a couple more games. Week 1 is tough to gauge.

But that didn't look good. Trubisky was pretty bad, and Nagy seems like he has PTSD. Not kicking a 50 yarder on 4th and 10 is just silly. If your kicker cant hit from 50 yards he shouldn't be in the NFL.

Interestingly Bears fans were talking s**t all offseason just like Jags fans were a couple offseasons ago.
I guess nobody won that 2017 trade

Soloman & Foster are busts and Mitch is a game manager at best
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

their d legit still, the problem is Jags syndrome when the d sees trubisky and the offense struggle and it brings the d down like it did the Jags with Bortles
True enough.

Pagano may be great in his own right (enough to keep them a tough D for offenses to contend with), but Fangio was a large part of their success last season.

I don't think Nagy will be able to continue the success they experienced last season, but WTF do I know.

The answer to this thread's original question may not have looked good for the 49ers last year, but it will by the end of this season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Going out on a limb and say this isn't a great way to build a team

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Going out on a limb and say this isn't a great way to build a team

They also went 12-4 last season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

2018 Bears played 5 games against top-12 teams and 8 games against bottom 12 teams.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 6, 2019 at 12:01 PM ]

So?
They are not going 12-4 (and there will be no playoffs for them) this season.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

So?

The poster must be the G.Cohn of the bears. Criticize the GM when a team goes 4-12 but a 12-4 record is an example of actually doing am good job when you consider they were 5-11 the year before and 3-13 in 2016.
[ Edited by jcs on Sep 6, 2019 at 11:47 AM ]
Roquan smith looked rough in coverage last night
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

So?

The poster must be the G.Cohn of the bears. Criticize the GM when a team goes 4-12 but a 12-4 record is an example of actually doing am good job when you consider they were 5-11 the year before and 3-13 in 2016.

The Bears went from facing the leagues toughest schedule of offenses in 2017 to the leagues 12th softest schedule of offenses in 2018. They also faced the leagues 7th toughest schedule of defenses in 2017 to the leagues easiest schedule of defenses in 2018. Of their first 5 opponents in 2018, 4 went on to fire their head coach. Bears also had one of the biggest improvement in player health. The 2017 team was the 2nd most injured team in the NFL. The 2018 team was the 3rd healthiest.

So?

The Bears went from facing the leagues toughest schedule of offenses in 2017 to the leagues 12th softest schedule of offenses in 2018. They also faced the leagues 7th toughest schedule of defenses in 2017 to the leagues easiest schedule of defenses in 2018. Of their first 5 opponents in 2018, 4 went on to fire their head coach. Bears also had one of the biggest improvement in player health. The 2017 team was the 2nd most injured team in the NFL. The 2018 team was the 3rd healthiest.

But they still held GB offense to only 10. CHI D is for real.
Share 49ersWebzone