Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers Rebuilding Plan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Philly...latest example of yet another team in the red having no issues resigning Brandon Graham.

#CapHellMyth

If it's a myth why not franchise Foles and get something for him?

It's not a myth or else we would have the same big market big money teams in the playoffs every year. Some just like to use this as evidence for their poor view on the team/Lynch.

Name one team that's gone in salary cap hell since us.

But to your point, yes, it's still producing parity enough but the bottom line is, if you want to go get a player or retain a player, the cap certainly isn't stopping you esp. with a wizard like Paraag at the helm.

Once Lynch learns this, you'll see the talent level increase.

Your last sentence is very confusing NC. I thought you said Paraag is the one who has this structure in place on what or what not to pay?
I mean you know my feelings on this, I don't buy it, but if we go by what you have said about Paraag and not exceeding 10mil, why does Lynch need to learn anything?

Like Jason_OTC stated, I think Paraag sets a hard cap annually and his band of moneyball analysts help provide the parameters/pools of "value players" but within that, ShanaLynch have the freedom to choose their own players. This is why you see such a consistent push for "conservative value" over all these years. As the $ increases, the perceived value decreases from this model.

They can spend $1 or push the hard cap limit.

So in your $10M point, they certainly could go over that (but never do).

For instance, they could get someone like Trey Flowers at $17M but then they are left with way less to work with on a team that has a hole everywhere save for QB, per Kyle.

ShanaLynch also control the culture of the team and it sends a bad message to the rest of the team if they pay some outside FA more than Joe Staley. The fear is others will start holding out and cause problems and affects work ethic.

I'm spent right now so I'll have to go back and look, but I'm fairly certain that's not what was said. It was that this FO (dating back to previous regime) will not exceed Staley's 10mil APY. It's a hard line in the sand on in terms of what # they will not go over. Nothing to do with this regimes value of culture, because you guys clearly said this was a trend that took place previously. I'll look once I'm refreshed and chat with you tomorrow NC
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm spent right now so I'll have to go back and look, but I'm fairly certain that's not what was said. It was that this FO (dating back to previous regime) will not exceed Staley's 10mil APY. It's a hard line in the sand on in terms of what # they will not go over. Nothing to do with this regimes value of culture, because you guys clearly said this was a trend that took place previously. I'll look once I'm refreshed and chat with you tomorrow NC

All good. The <$10M was just a trend I noted over the years over two different regimes now...basically during Paraag's ascension within the organization. Jason_OTC on his own, also noted the same trend. Outside of QB, they just don't target those higher profile positions that would cost > $10M+.

It's an end-result trend due to their overall model/philosophy of player acquisition.

I do believe ShanaLynch have the freedom to buck that trend.

I think they finally break that trend this year with Earl Thomas.

If not ET3, let's see if that trend holds true again.
Gould Tagged. Read em and Weep.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Gould Tagged. Read em and Weep.

We fleeced Ryan Pace again!
LMAO.

LMAO.

, someone stop this massacre of the rebuilding plan.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Mar 7, 2019 at 2:43 AM ]
This one will be a fun one to watch now that we're going into year 3. I think we are capable of matching what the Bears did last year.
This one will be a fun one to watch now that we're going into year 3. I think we are capable of matching what the Bears did last year.

Especially if our team is mostly healthy. Hell, we almost Beat the bears ass with back ups and undrafted Players starting with a ton of injuries
[ Edited by elguapo on Apr 16, 2019 at 1:31 PM ]

If only Chicago knew you need a kicker to make a run. Lol They probably would have gone deeper in the playoffs.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

If only Chicago knew you need a kicker to make a run. Lol They probably would have gone deeper in the playoffs.

For sure. Hope we can keep ours too.

Originally posted by TheXFactor:

For sure. Hope we can keep ours too.

He's being a douche at the moment. I'm wanting to see what this kid Brown can do.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Ryan Pace better be right on Mitchell
Like i said last year, let me know when Mitch isnt crap. Idc about their defense, they won win nothing with Mitch.
Trubisky is garbage
Mitch reminds me of a bad version of Alex Smith with a little Tim Tebow. I was so happy when the Bears picked him because they will never win with him at quarterback. One less team to worry about
Share 49ersWebzone