LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers Rebuilding Plan

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
But they still held GB offense to only 10. CHI D is for real.

The #3 defense last year is "for real"?

Its 2020 when things will get dicey for Chicago. The Bears have the second highest total cap allocations that year and will be nearly 25 million over the projected salary cap. Over the last three years the Bears have selected the fewest players in the league. They also have drafted a league low 6 players in the first three rounds.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Its 2020 when things will get dicey for Chicago. The Bears have the second highest total cap allocations that year and will be nearly 25 million over the projected salary cap. Over the last three years the Bears have selected the fewest players in the league. They also have drafted a league low 6 players in the first three rounds.

How does all that mean their defense is not good?

I thought you were having a conversation with yourself
  • thl408

Ouch. Where will they find the $2 million they need to extend Trubisky?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Who said their defense was not good?

Who said their defense was not good?

I thought you were bringing up points as to how things lined up for them to be good last year. Or were my comprehension wires mixed up for a bit?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I thought you were bringing up points as to how things lined up for them to be good last year. Or were my comprehension wires mixed up for a bit?

Things did line up for them to be good last year & the defense is good. Both things can be true. They should face easier pass defenses so hopefully Trubisky can get back on track. But they will also face a harder schedule of run defenses (they averaged 3.1 yards per rush last night). The defense will also face a harder slate of offenses this year, so maybe they wont be as dominating as last year. The Bears will also have a brutal mid-season stretch facing the Saints, Chargers, Eagles and Rams. They then close out the season facing the Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs and Vikings. So i wouldn't be expecting another 12-4 season.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 6, 2019 at 2:02 PM ]
Things did line up for them to be good last year & the defense is good. Both things can be true. They should face easier pass defenses so hopefully Trubisky can get back on track. But they will also face a harder schedule of run defenses (they averaged 3.1 yards per rush last night). The defense will also face a harder slate of offenses this year, so maybe they wont be as dominating as last year. The Bears will also have a brutal mid-season stretch facing the Saints, Chargers, Eagles and Rams. They then close out the season facing the Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs and Vikings. So i wouldn't be expecting another 12-4 season.

Looking like 8 or 9 wins. Wow minn could have the division
I like how this thread gets bumped after one bad game in Week 1.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I like how this thread gets bumped after one bad game in Week 1.

Lol like it got bumped after every Bears win last year? They built a team with a tremendous defense but one where the QB seemingly will always be their limiting factor.

Wonder if they'll call AB.
0-0 > 0-1

after 24hrs from now hopefully its

1-0 > 0-1
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Awesome defense
This is my thread. You're not allowed to bump it irresponsibly. LOL.

Remember, this is the year we should be matching their production from last year if Lynch had done enough. Let's revisit after the season.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
True enough.

Pagano may be great in his own right (enough to keep them a tough D for offenses to contend with), but Fangio was a large part of their success last season.

I don't think Nagy will be able to continue the success they experienced last season, but WTF do I know.

The answer to this thread's original question may not have looked good for the 49ers last year, but it will by the end of this season.

Share 49ersWebzone