There are 266 users in the forums

NFL on Tackling / Clay Matthews

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I thought today's penalty was a bad call.

Textbook sack pretty much. Those apparently are illegal now. Everyone is mad at the 49ers for not acquiring more pass rushers, maybe they were just being forward-thinking.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I thought today's penalty was a bad call.

Textbook sack pretty much. Those apparently are illegal now. Everyone is mad at the 49ers for not acquiring more pass rushers, maybe they were just being forward-thinking.

Wow
Clay Matthews should be flagged and fined every time he sacks the QB like today because he went high. When you go high and take down a QB that way you can crush the shoulders and collar bone or cause a head injury to a QB. No team wants to lose their QB to a sack like that and every team should be glad he was flagged. He should go for the mid section next time if he doesn't want a flag.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
driving a qb to the ground should be grounds for suspension as well. that'll f**k up your entire season if your qb breaks his collar bone or shoulder.

Exactly.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
he landed on top of him again lol

This is Clay Mathews that we are talking about...quite possibly the biggest cheap shot artist in the league today.

Yup. He's over the hill too, it's the only way he can help his packers and buddy mr rodgers win a game lol..
It's a different game, these players have years of playing the game a certain way. Maybe the kids learning the game will play that way, if the game is still around.
worst and most b******t penalty ever called in the history of the NFL
When both QBs he has sacked have had relatively the same reaction of it being a questionable penalty it's an issue. He struck Smith in the target zone. But he landed on him cause you know gravity exists and therefore is the penalty. If I'm McCarthy and Matthews I'm inviting the fines to roll on in and let everyone know what I truly think of the flags.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
When both QBs he has sacked have had relatively the same reaction of it being a questionable penalty it's an issue. He struck Smith in the target zone. But he landed on him cause you know gravity exists and therefore is the penalty. If I'm McCarthy and Matthews I'm inviting the fines to roll on in and let everyone know what I truly think of the flags.
There is a big difference between landing on someone and driving them into the ground...Clay knows what he's doing.
There is a big difference between landing on someone and driving them into the ground...Clay knows what he's doing.

And as he said if he wanted to hurt him he would have. If you think either play he was driving them into the ground then that's your opinion. I saw 2 clean sacks.

• jcs
  • Veteran

And as he said if he wanted to hurt him he would have. If you think either play he was driving them into the ground then that's your opinion. I saw 2 clean sacks.
Clay Mathews is a Cheap shot artist...his entire career is filled with him taking shots out of bounds or at peoples heads. You give him too much credit.
Clay Mathews is a Cheap shot artist...his entire career is filled with him taking shots out of bounds or at peoples heads. You give him too much credit.

The QBs he hit didn't think they were dirty. Trust me I remember him going at Kap out of bounds. I'm going off of what the "victims" of his hits think and they didn't think they were dirty hits.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I think it's time the NFL starts holding their refs accountable for f**king up. Fines and suspensions just like they do with the players

If fairness to the refs, it is impossible to ref this game perfectly. But at the same time, the NFL can't try to hide the fact that games are being decided by bad calls, and that is just a fact.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

The QBs he hit didn't think they were dirty. Trust me I remember him going at Kap out of bounds. I'm going off of what the "victims" of his hits think and they didn't think they were dirty hits.
NFL officially disagrees with you...

Did you guys see Drew Brees run for a TD? I think the Falcons defenders were too scared to touch him!
Share 49ersWebzone