LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Khalil Mack thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

Khalil Mack thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hmmmm....can't remember the last time Oakland traded with the 49ers?
You all are crazy.

First of all, the Raiders aren't trading him. At the minimum they will tag him twice.

Second of all, if they did trade him, two first round picks is the floor, not the ceiling.
Give them the two firsts. A blue chip pass rusher in his prime! Those two first round picks will be at the tail end of the first anyways

Honestly, Lynch would be dumb to not engage on Mack. Our defense would be damn well near complete.

The defensive line being made up of---- Thomas/Buckner/Day/Mack would give Jacksonville and Vikings a run for their money as best D-line
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Give them the two firsts. A blue chip pass rusher in his prime! Those two first round picks will be at the tail end of the first anyways

Honestly, Lynch would be dumb to not engage on Mack. Our defense would be damn well near complete.

The defensive line being made up of---- Thomas/Buckner/Day/Mack would give Jacksonville and Vikings a run for their money as best D-line

I am sure Lynch has at least called. This is the same man that asked if Brady is available. Why not?

You need the other team to say yes, though.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Aug 7, 2018 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

I am sure Lynch has at least called. This is the same man that asked if Brady is available. Why not?

true. honestly, i can not imagine raiders trading Mack. I dont think even Gruden is a big enough "no nonsense" guy to trade away one of the best pass rushers in the league (with no off the field issues)
You all are crazy.

First of all, the Raiders aren't trading him. At the minimum they will tag him twice.

Second of all, if they did trade him, two first round picks is the floor, not the ceiling.
why would they tag a player who won't play ?

Today, the rumor was mack is slowly going toward the trading block

true. honestly, i can not imagine raiders trading Mack. I dont think even Gruden is a big enough "no nonsense" guy to trade away one of the best pass rushers in the league (with no off the field issues)
gruden has already made questionable moves that leave raider fans clueless
two firsts, armstead and ward for Mack. DO IT
Originally posted by valrod33:

We can even throw Garnett into the pot!
Originally posted by IGSXIII:

We can even throw Garnett into the pot!

DO IT LYNCH

• evil
  • Veteran
We might have to offer more than 2 firsts if they start talking with teams about trading him. Brian Gutekunst could offer both his first rounders in 2019 which could be tempting for the Raiders.
Originally posted by Heroism:
We've been following this in the Raiders thread in the NFL forum.

If the Raiders are dumb enough to trade away Khalil Mack, trade discussions will likely begin with two first-round picks.

See I don't see how it's 2 1sts or even beginning with that? Chandler Jones got moved for a 2nd and Jonathan Cooper.

Jones had only 4 less sacks at that pt and was younger (plus was he was also in a 5th yr option yr).
Originally posted by jcs:
27 year old former dpoy who plays a premiere position...It's 2 1st round picks at a min

Why? Chandler Jones went for a 2nd and Johnathan Cooper Jones was younger and only had like 4 less sacks at that pt (compared to Mack).

Mack is looking for Von Miller money (which he should) and Jones from what I remember wasn't looking to get paid the like that.

2 1sts and having to pay him $18-$20 million per yr? Dude isn't a QB.

I'd throw a 1st in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020 maybe a player depending on who...in reality he shouldn't command more than that.

f**k that 2 1sts...people need to calm down with giving up a million 1sts rd picks lol. Dude isn't a QB and wants to be PAID like one.

1st this yr 2nd next yr and a player depending on who...that's what it should be at MOST. IF some teams wants to throw multiple 1sts and pay him that kind of cash good luck. He's a amazing player but only QBs are worth that type of trade comp IMHO.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Some of these trade comp suggestions are insane. This happens around here just before the new league year opens, and the players that get traded are traded for less than half of the internet suggested price.

Two first round picks? Maybe for a player who can be your franchise (playoff worthy) QB. Mack doesn't have that level of impact. Pump the breaks.

He is an elite player. He is a great teammate. I'm not denying his talent. But his impact on the team AND his $20M+/year are not worth TWO 1sts AND something else. Ya'll are crazy.

Like Gruden said... the Raiders defense sucked with him. Not because of him. But he was there. By contrast, there's not an offense in this league that would suck with Garoppolo at the helm (last year's speculated trade target). No defensive player in this league, I don't care how elite, is worth two 1sts and another starter.

I'd love to have him. And we should make every effort to trade for him. But these internet suggested prices are truly bonkers.
[ Edited by okdkid on Aug 8, 2018 at 9:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone