• Veteran
2 #1's and arik armstead
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
two firsts, armstead and ward for Mack. DO IT

HOLY GOD
I cant find that jack Nicholson gif
We are in rebuilding mode and not one pass rusher away from winning the super bowl. Wouldn't mortgage the future for him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:
We are in rebuilding mode and not one pass rusher away from winning the super bowl. Wouldn't mortgage the future for him.

I would give up a 2019 1st and a 2020 2nd. But not two firsts. If somebody outbids that... so be it.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Some of these trade comp suggestions are insane. This happens around here just before the new league year opens, and the players that get traded are traded for less than half of the internet suggested price.

Two first round picks? Maybe for a player who can be your franchise (playoff worthy) QB. Mack doesn't have that level of impact. Pump the breaks.

He is an elite player. He is a great teammate. I'm not denying his talent. But his impact on the team AND his $20M+/year are not worth TWO 1sts AND something else. Ya'll are crazy.

Like Gruden said... the Raiders defense sucked with him. Not because of him. But he was there. By contrast, there's not an offense in this league that would suck with Garoppolo at the helm (last year's speculated trade target). No defensive player in this league, I don't care how elite, is worth two 1sts and another starter.

I'd love to have him. And we should make every effort to trade for him. But these internet suggested prices are truly bonkers.

Totally agree!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I think Mack would be incredible but draft picks aren't just about potential but also about flexibility, especially when you're building. For example, we are stuck/screwed with Brown at RT if we trade away our 1st last year. I just think at this stage for a team that's not one or two players away from anything, it's early to mortgage any part of the future.

It's crazy talk imo...I want Mack as much as anyone else but throwing multiple 1sts AND paying him $100+ million? Get out of here with that.

Like I said chandler jones was traded for a 2nd and Jonathan cooper...dude has only 4 less sacks and was due a huge contract as well.

Maybe someone throws Oakland some crazy compensation but in no way should it be SF (at least that much).
Originally posted by dmax:

HOLY GOD

f**k no
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by dmax:

HOLY GOD

f**k no
1 first, 1 3rd, AA(1sr rounder) and Ward(1st rounder)

Raider needs DL and CB/DB. Sell the AA/JW are first round talents
I mentioned in the potential players available thread all the 49er players we might not have plans for in the future and who might be traded. Most are starters and former 1st round picks. Id sell any or all of those for a player like Mack. Id include Ward, Armstead, and Garnett plus one pick for Mack.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by NTeply49:
https://www.12up.com/posts/6137701-report-raiders-could-end-up-trading-khalil-mack-due-to-his-holdout

Here is just one of many articles. Everybody wants their team to go after him and I'm sure everyone here would say pull the trigger if a deal could be made.

What would you offer as a trade if you were Lynch and if you don't think we have a chance at getting him, where do you think he lands?

I'd trade the 2019 1st round pick, 2020 3d, and Arik Armstead. Then sign him long term to complete the holy trinity of franchise qb, shutdown corner, and dominant pass rusher.

The bolded I'd do. Two 1st's? Pass.

27 year old former dpoy who plays a premiere position...It's 2 1st round picks at a min

totally agree!

• Giedi
  • Veteran

f**k that 2 1sts...people need to calm down with giving up a million 1sts rd picks lol. Dude isn't a QB and wants to be PAID like one.

1st this yr 2nd next yr and a player depending on who...that's what it should be at MOST. IF some teams wants to throw multiple 1sts and pay him that kind of cash good luck. He's a amazing player but only QBs are worth that type of trade comp IMHO.

I think with Kalil you have a dynasty. AGain, just my opinion, but a guy like Aldon changed a mediocre defense to elite - same with Fred and Haley enabled the 49ers to have the longest away game win streak in NFL League history and almost had a 3peat. Edge rushers aren't QB's - agree, but they are darn near the impact players that QB's are. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) but elite edge rushers are the second most expensive player on a team, the first being the QB.
Originally posted by Giedi:

f**k that 2 1sts...people need to calm down with giving up a million 1sts rd picks lol. Dude isn't a QB and wants to be PAID like one.

1st this yr 2nd next yr and a player depending on who...that's what it should be at MOST. IF some teams wants to throw multiple 1sts and pay him that kind of cash good luck. He's a amazing player but only QBs are worth that type of trade comp IMHO.

I think with Kalil you have a dynasty. AGain, just my opinion, but a guy like Aldon changed a mediocre defense to elite - same with Fred and Haley enabled the 49ers to have the longest away game win streak in NFL League history and almost had a 3peat. Edge rushers aren't QB's - agree, but they are darn near the impact players that QB's are. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) but elite edge rushers are the second most expensive player on a team, the first being the QB.
Mack isn't as good as those players mentioned, if he showed anything like Aldon in his early years then it's a no brainer but he's not

I would give up a 2019 1st and a 2020 2nd. But not two firsts. If somebody outbids that... so be it.

Good call!

Everyone is one injury away from being out of football.

2 1sts rounders is too much to give
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Good call!

Everyone is one injury away from being out of football.

2 1sts rounders is too much to give

I think people are getting swept up in the sexiness of the position. But an elite pass rusher doesn't even have the same impact on the game as slightly above average QB. Elite pass rushers impact moments. Whereas top QBs impact the game much more broadly. The QB comparison is valid here simply because people are tossing around trade comp for a pass rusher that equals that of what a top QB could fetch.

Mack is awesome. Would love to have him. And we should absolutely explore trading for him. Moreover, we should absolutely give him that monster contract. But you can't give him that monster contract AND give away that kind of trade comp.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Some of these trade comp suggestions are insane. This happens around here just before the new league year opens, and the players that get traded are traded for less than half of the internet suggested price.

Two first round picks? Maybe for a player who can be your franchise (playoff worthy) QB. Mack doesn't have that level of impact. Pump the breaks.

He is an elite player. He is a great teammate. I'm not denying his talent. But his impact on the team AND his $20M+/year are not worth TWO 1sts AND something else. Ya'll are crazy.

Like Gruden said... the Raiders defense sucked with him. Not because of him. But he was there. By contrast, there's not an offense in this league that would suck with Garoppolo at the helm (last year's speculated trade target). No defensive player in this league, I don't care how elite, is worth two 1sts and another starter.

I'd love to have him. And we should make every effort to trade for him. But these internet suggested prices are truly bonkers.

Mack is a proven entity on a position of high value in the NFL...debatably as valuable or just below a QB. If he gets moved it will be for a kings ransom...2 firsts are the base.
Share 49ersWebzone