LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 197 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is the stuff I can see him excelling at

He had a very good 3-cone at his private pro day (6.87)
Originally posted by mojave45:
There is no way I would give up play time from one if our young guys like Pettis to sign Dez. Tired of band aiding our WR corps. No more aging Vets that have lost a step or several steps. Time to develop some. This year is still only year two of the rebuild. Time to see what the guys we signed can do. I don't care if we have that big #1 WR that is "the guy" like a Julio, as long as we start getting good solid production from the crop we have. I want to develop the guys we bring in and let them grow in the system. Bringing in the best available guys through the draft, based on our board, is a much better long term solution. And really, bringing in a head case with the drops at the end of his career sounds just awful.

Excellent post and totally agree!

F - NO to Dez.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
There is no way I would give up play time from one if our young guys like Pettis to sign Dez. Tired of band aiding our WR corps. No more aging Vets that have lost a step or several steps. Time to develop some. This year is still only year two of the rebuild. Time to see what the guys we signed can do. I don't care if we have that big #1 WR that is "the guy" like a Julio, as long as we start getting good solid production from the crop we have. I want to develop the guys we bring in and let them grow in the system. Bringing in the best available guys through the draft, based on our board, is a much better long term solution. And really, bringing in a head case with the drops at the end of his career sounds just awful.

Excellent post and totally agree!

F - NO to Dez.

I like the short sweet "F-NO to Dez" lol.

LOL! Might be best...and I think Shanahan will either say that or have a good reason not to do so.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, pretty strange. Someone made a fake Tank Carradine account, soon after we drafted him, too. Some people just love attention.

Thanks. I'd have had no idea. I did find it odd that he thought he'd be in the top 100...you gotta put up some big numbers to get on that list and I don't see him getting primary targets in his rookie season esp. given he'll be learning all 3 WR positions.

No problem- The first red-flag, when viewing the twitter account, was that he didn't have a blue "verified" check mark next to his name. Then, it was obvious he was a fan because it says so in his bio.

I've been a big Pettis guy, since before we drafted him, so I tend to think he'll have a noticeable contribution this season. Shanahan runs a meritocracy, and imo it'll be hard to keep him off the field if he performs like I expect him to.

Agreed. I watched him torch ASU, and started looking into him after that. He is as fluid a receiver as I can remember in the last several drafts. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people with Shanahan and Jimmy getting him the ball.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

LOL! Might be best...and I think Shanahan will either say that or have a good reason not to do so.

Let's hope.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, pretty strange. Someone made a fake Tank Carradine account, soon after we drafted him, too. Some people just love attention.

Thanks. I'd have had no idea. I did find it odd that he thought he'd be in the top 100...you gotta put up some big numbers to get on that list and I don't see him getting primary targets in his rookie season esp. given he'll be learning all 3 WR positions.

No problem- The first red-flag, when viewing the twitter account, was that he didn't have a blue "verified" check mark next to his name. Then, it was obvious he was a fan because it says so in his bio.

I've been a big Pettis guy, since before we drafted him, so I tend to think he'll have a noticeable contribution this season. Shanahan runs a meritocracy, and imo it'll be hard to keep him off the field if he performs like I expect him to.

Agreed. I watched him torch ASU, and started looking into him after that. He is as fluid a receiver as I can remember in the last several drafts. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people with Shanahan and Jimmy getting him the ball.

This is an all around awesome game he had against Rutgers. I think he will need to put on some muscle in the NFL, but he's a lot of fun to watch.

@ Pettis already getting bullied during OTA'S, also reportedly scared of contact. Not looking good Pettis people.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
@ Pettis already getting bullied during OTA'S, also reportedly scared of contact. Not looking good Pettis people.

Who said that? Or link please. Gotta hear some context.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 5, 2018 at 11:48 PM ]

Yes its really funny if one of our draft picks is struggling,

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Take a wild guess . Bet that same guy isn't a fan of Solly
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Hmmmmm. Are the initials GC?

Would be neat to block emojis. Not the whole person, just emojis. Specific ones. Like, say, the hand-slapping-the-ground-because-it's-too-funny emoji.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Hmmmmm. Are the initials GC?

So Pettis was ok last week and now scared of contact when there isn't any contact?

what contact? there's no contact in these practices

judging a rookie in June OTAs
Share 49ersWebzone