LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Yes I agree wit chu about the versatility of players being a priority...

Re: Street, the dude for sure can play strong DE or a 3 tech, I think he is strong and stout enough to line up at a 0 tech as well... time will tell but I'm rooting for Street

I think so too. Dude could very well play all 4 base spots on the DL. Praying for you Ken'.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 25, 2018 at 8:21 PM ]
I don't think Kyle is talking about depth. He's talking about the fact that there are many formations not for Garçon, Goodwin, Bourne, or Taylor and he feels Pettis is the missing piece to fill in any spot in any formation. So as those starters get a play or two off a series due to the type of formation, Pettis would possibly fill in for each one racking his overall play count total up to a respectable number.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think Kyle is talking about depth. He's talking about the fact that there are many formations not for Garçon, Goodwin, Bourne, or Taylor and he feels Pettis is the missing piece to fill in any spot in any formation. So as those starters get a play or two off a series due to the type of formation, Pettis would possibly fill in for each one racking his overall play count total up to a respectable number.

Good post. So you're telling me I should watch the Shanny video?
I was thinking if I should or not haha.
This time of year is rough ... limited new info, limited public/press access, no pads so even what is happening means nearly nothing, and it's still along time to the first pre-season game.

It's going to take some time for Pettis to get up to speed, lets not hammer him to dust before he gets a chance. A quarter of the season at least.

Of course I know that won't happen.
Originally posted by Scoots:
This time of year is rough ... limited new info, limited public/press access, no pads so even what is happening means nearly nothing, and it's still along time to the first pre-season game.

It's going to take some time for Pettis to get up to speed, lets not hammer him to dust before he gets a chance. A quarter of the season at least.

Of course I know that won't happen.

s**t if he can make a difference in a november/december stretch to get us in the playoffs I'm not trippin. He can sit back and learn until then for all I care lol.
if he outplays taylor and wins his spot im not gonna cry lol. i like taylor but improvements can ALWAYS be made
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Depth at every position is so crucial. We've seen the past 3 seasons what lack of depth at positions creates.

My man speaks the truth!
Bourne calling out Pettis already.

I keed!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Bourne calling out Pettis already.

I keed!

Shiiiit. He dropped baseball cause it was too boring... he is going for it
Rashuan Woods 2.0?

Nope... Marvin Harrison 2.0
Can't say that I am particularly a fan on Bucky Brooks as he is one of the pundit class who is often guilty of the, "well the team didn't do what I thought they should do so they're not very smart", comments but I thought this was kind of interesting and may be an indication of why the Niner's took someone like Pettis where they did. This is from an article on the NFL website

"Opt for route runners over explosive athletes at wide receiver. The first round hasn't yielded many impact pass catchers in recent years, but plenty of guys drafted outside of the VIP circle have provided immediate ROI. The 2017 class continued the trend, with three top-10 wide receivers (Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross) combining for a measly 470 receiving yards in Year 1. Interestingly, a pair of Day 2 picks (second-rounder JuJu Smith-Schuster and third-rounder Cooper Kupp) earned rave reviews for their stellar work as complementary playmakers on their respective squads. Smith-Schuster tallied 917 receiving yards and seven touchdowns on 58 catches, while Kupp amassed 869 receiving yards and five scores on 62 grabs. Why were they able to have so much success when others have a tough time producing as first-year starters? It's simple. Each guy is a polished route runner with a game that's built on fundamentals and technique, instead of athleticism."
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Can't say that I am particularly a fan on Bucky Brooks as he is one of the pundit class who is often guilty of the, "well the team didn't do what I thought they should do so they're not very smart", comments but I thought this was kind of interesting and may be an indication of why the Niner's took someone like Pettis where they did. This is from an article on the NFL website

"Opt for route runners over explosive athletes at wide receiver. The first round hasn't yielded many impact pass catchers in recent years, but plenty of guys drafted outside of the VIP circle have provided immediate ROI. The 2017 class continued the trend, with three top-10 wide receivers (Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross) combining for a measly 470 receiving yards in Year 1. Interestingly, a pair of Day 2 picks (second-rounder JuJu Smith-Schuster and third-rounder Cooper Kupp) earned rave reviews for their stellar work as complementary playmakers on their respective squads. Smith-Schuster tallied 917 receiving yards and seven touchdowns on 58 catches, while Kupp amassed 869 receiving yards and five scores on 62 grabs. Why were they able to have so much success when others have a tough time producing as first-year starters? It's simple. Each guy is a polished route runner with a game that's built on fundamentals and technique, instead of athleticism."

Excellent post!
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Nope... Marvin Harrison 2.0

Agree

Can't wait to see him in year 2 of the KS offense.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Depth at every position is so crucial. We've seen the past 3 seasons what lack of depth at positions creates.

My man speaks the truth!

Ditto
Share 49ersWebzone