LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

The most overrated player in NFL history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Alex Smith

This they praise that chump around here like if he ever accomplished anything significant Capt. Checkdown is vanilla
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Alex Smith

This they praise that chump around here like if he ever accomplished anything significant Capt. Checkdown is vanilla
Smith always wins and never loses. Can't argue with that
Alex Smith

Garcia checked down all the time.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Aikman 12 seasons
comp % 61.5 - yards 32,942 - ypp 7.0 - td 165 - int 141

Alex Smith 12 seasons
comp % 62.4 - yards 31,888 - ypp 6.9 - td 183 - int 96

lol

BUT BUT BUT DIFFERENT ERAS PLUS SMIFF SUX!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Aikman 12 seasons

Alex Smith 12 seasons

lol

The crazy thing is Aikman still had all day to throw and ended up a concussion case because he couldn't get rid of the ball.... Smith, that guy never had that luxury.
Elway without Terrell Davis.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Alex Smith

Smith always wins and never loses. Can't argue with that

Smith wins in the regular season and loses in the playoffs. Can't argue with that.
I've read alot of good responses. I absolutely agree with Sean Taylor.

If I had to choose one that hasn't already been mentioned, I'd go with Keyshawn Johnson. I remember him more for his mouth than I do his performance.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Namath was way over rated but he won the biggest game in the history of pro-football. The story goes when he played in Shea Stadium in the winter months he had such velocity on his throws you could hear the ball whistle.

This! And he had a HOF persona off the field as well that he played up to the hilt.

Surprised no one said Kap yet..

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

that's cuz everyone knows he sucks.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

oh thats right
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

oh thats right
True...the discussion is on overrated players. Kap doesn't rate!!
I couldn't name just one. When I visited the Hall of Fame I thought there were players in there who I didn't view as HOF. Good players but not the best of the best. We all have our least favorite and most favorite players, teams, whatever. All opinions. This I know is a fact. Every person on this forum COULD NOT tackle Franco Harris. Maybe someone could but even that would be a reach. Pro football players are bigger,stronger and faster than all of us couch potatoes. Some of the savage hits they take would kill the average person.
Aikman 12 seasons

Alex Smith 12 seasons

lol
Different era's but man does seem incredible.

One huge difference is Emmitt Smith was also the feature back on most of those teams so the offence would have not been designed for Aikman to throw as often. His numbers would be a lot higher in today's game. He also didn't implode the way Smith has had a tendency to do (and I am a Smith fan).

The thing I remember most about Aikman was he was pretty damn accurate, even when he was about to get killed. I remember thinking we had him for a sack a million times and he just got it off in time for a first down.
Share 49ersWebzone