LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

The most overrated player in NFL history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Joe Namath
I'd have to say Troy Aikman with no hesitation.
You ever wonder why you can't really find any highlight videos of Franco Harris?

It's because there aren't any runs they could put in it, besides him breaking away untouched through gaping holes. That and the Immaculate Reception would be all they would be able to use.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Alex Smith

The TE out of Stanford? I agree completely.
Originally posted by English:
Elway without Terrell Davis.

You mean Elway without Mike Shanahan.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Alex Smith

This they praise that chump around here like if he ever accomplished anything significant Capt. Checkdown is vanilla

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Fran tarkenton
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darockzillahitman:
You ever wonder why you can't really find any highlight videos of Franco Harris?

It's because there aren't any runs they could put in it, besides him breaking away untouched through gaping holes. That and the Immaculate Reception would be all they would be able to use.

he sure did run out of bounds alot
Originally posted by English:
Elway without Terrell Davis.

yes!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Fran tarkenton

TARK YES FOREMAN NOOOOO. you hold grudge partner

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Eli Manning. Case dismissed.

How is he overrated? He has had a mediocre career as a whole, but includes multiple great seasons and multiple Superbowl rings. I think he is rated right where he should be.

Originally posted by goldstandard:
Sean Taylor

I agree with this. If he is not the most overrated player of all time, he is close. Before he died, everyone thought he was a pretty good player that might have had the chance to develop and be great. Due to unfortunate events, that development never happened and people act as if it did.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Terrell Davis

The most laughable name in this thread as far as I am concerned. TD dominated the NFL for 3 seasons. Was an MVP. Was a Superbowl MVP. Just because his career was short doesnt mean he is overrated. He was as good as any running back to ever play the game for those 3 years.

Originally posted by Sourball:
Troy Aikman

Troy Aikman was a top 5 quarterback for much of his career. People infatuated with the numbers and comparing them to average modern day QBs doesnt negate what he was able to accomplish in his own era. Yes, the Cowboys being stacked helped him. But he was a very important part of that team. Just because he isnt as good as Montana, Marino, Elway, etc. doesnt mean he is overrated.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Michael Irvin.

Just stop. In no way shape or form can anyone make an argument that Michael Irvin is the most overrated player to ever play football. Dude was a great player.

dont take the bait. its just star hating. we all feel like that inside. but reason wins out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Alex Smith

This they praise that chump around here like if he ever accomplished anything significant Capt. Checkdown is vanilla

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Definitely this!
Share 49ersWebzone