There are 231 users in the forums

Quarterback Carousel 2018

Shop 49ers game tickets
Curious where you think everyone is going to go this off-season. With tons of teams needing QBs or set to lose one (or more), let's play some "matchmaker" here.

Free Agent QB Market:
Kirk Cousins
AJ McCarron
Case Keenum
Teddy Bridgewater
Sam Bradford
Blake Bortles
Josh McCown
Tyrod Taylor (if/when he's cut or traded)

Teams with QB needs:
Bills
Browns
Vikings
Cardinals
Broncos
Jets
Jaguars
Giants
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 16, 2018 at 11:34 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Tyrod Taylor appears on his way out of Buffalo so that will be another name a few teams may chase as a bridge QB.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Cousins - Broncos | Elway makes it happen.

McCarron - Browns | Browns have the cap space to do what the Bears did with Glennon last year. Sign a vet but draft a QB top 5.

Keenum - Vikings | Even with the OC change, I expect Keenum to be back at a team friendly deal. He found his groove in MN - don't change it up.

Bridgewater - Jaguars | Signs a 1 year prove it deal with JAX. He's got the best chance to start on a playoff-ready team that's not the Vikes.

Bradford - Giants | Finally accepts the fact he'll most likely be a backup and plays for his former OC in MN.

Taylor (cut) - Cardinals | Mike McCoy is pretty good at adapting to the strengths of his offense. He did it with Tebow, he can do it with Taylor.

McCown - Jets | I don't think he'll go anywhere. Jets will look for QB in the draft after failing to get Cousins.

Bortles - Jaguars | Again, JAX fails to get Cousins. So no point in cutting your starter. You snag Bridgewater for direct competition.

Bonus - Kizer traded to the Lions.
[ Edited by GEEK on Feb 15, 2018 at 6:32 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Geek, Idk about Bradford accepting being a backup, when Buffalo and maybe even Jacksonville could use him as a bridge (Buf) or as competition (Jax).

Also if the Vikes retain Keenum they may keep Bridgewater as well. Competition brings out the best and they cannot bank on Keenum as the long term option. They could draft a QB too though (Jackson or Rudolph maybe).

As an aside, a darkhorse team if Kizer is dealt IMO would be the Pats if he can be had cheap.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I've read talk at the Senior Bowl is the Jaguars making a huge push for Cousins.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
One of the better free agent QB classes in a long time.
Originally posted by Hopper:
One of the better free agent QB classes in a long time.

Yup. But now we can
Originally posted by FL9er:
I've read talk at the Senior Bowl is the Jaguars making a huge push for Cousins.

I just don't see that happening. If anyone should make a push, it should be Buffalo.
Cousins chooses Denver over Jax? Maybe but I think Jax are a Super Bowl calibre team with him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:
Cousins chooses Denver over Jax? Maybe but I think Jax are a Super Bowl calibre team with him.

Minny is said to be Cousins' number one choice. But that's messed up, Keenum has been solid for Minnesota, re-sign him and draft your QB.

besides cousins, none of these qbs will really prevent teams from picking a top qb in the draft, at least thats what I hope. Its not a bad year to need a qb tho. luckily we have ours
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Jags are in a pickle though. Bortles needs to be healthy (had wrist surgery after playoffs) when the new league year begins for them to release him otherwise his 19 million dollar 5th year option is fully guaranteed. At this point in appears best case scenario is they can manage to land someone who can provide competition from either the draft or FA because Cousins will be out of the financial reach.
Bunch of meh QBs. The play of Keenum and Foles in the playoffs and SB on 2 of the better all around teams in the league, kinda elevate their worth this coming FA.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Bunch of meh QBs. The play of Keenum and Foles in the playoffs and SB on 2 of the better all around teams in the league, kinda elevate their worth this coming FA.

Neither one of those 2 are more than a bridge QB.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Neither one of those 2 are more than a bridge QB.

Yeah, but I think now teams are thinking they can win a SB with one as long as they stock up on both sides of the ball like the Eagles and Vikes.
Share 49ersWebzone