There are 191 users in the forums

Quarterback Carousel 2018

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We should sign another qb in case jimmy gets hurt again.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Who?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by evil:

Who?

Free Agent QB Market:
Kirk Cousins
AJ McCarron
Case Keenum
Teddy Bridgewater
Sam Bradford
Blake Bortles
Josh McCown
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

Who?

Free Agent QB Market:
Kirk Cousins
AJ McCarron
Case Keenum
Teddy Bridgewater
Sam Bradford
Blake Bortles
Josh McCown

Do you honestly think any of those guys want to serve as his backup when their are a plethora of teams with whom they can compete for a starting gig?

They can get more money elsewhere to compete than they will from us for a backup gig.
OMG how nice is it to NOT be on the list for a qb needy team. Finally.

Funny. Real funny
My Prediction for what teams will do:

Vikings - Sam Bradford & Bridgewater
I think he stays in Minnesota. I know Case Keenum was on fire, but are they convinced the NFC Championship was just an anomaly or do they roll with a different guy thinking that'll get them over the top? Bradford had a huge game against the same Saints team that Keenum needed a miracle to beat. Gut feeling tells me Bradford re-signed by Minny. I think Bridgewater stays to compete to. The injury and uncertainty of where he's really at now means his best chance is to show he's worth something, then Minnesota might trade him later on.

Broncos - Kirk Cousins
They have the defense and offensive talent to be a contender with Cousins at the helm. Cousins never struck me as a special QB, but a marginally above-average guy. Still, Denver players really want him.

Browns - AJ McCarron & a 1st round QB.
They need to load that basket up and see who emerges. Don't put it all onto one guy. Hue badly wants AJ. AJ wants the opportunity to start. His best chance is likely in Cleveland.

Cardinals - Case Keenum. He'd be in a similar situation with a strong defensive team but with good offensive talent around him, including the return of David Johnson at RB. I think they'd feel they could win with him, but they'd probably draft a QB too.

Bills - Trade up for QB. I don't see many players wanting to go to Buffalo. Maybe McCarron, but would they want him? 50-50 on that. They probably will keep Tyrod and Peterman until they acquire a true starter of the future.

Giants - First round QB. Eli is nearing the end, they need a real successor. Webb wasn't good enough apparently to even sniff the field, so I wouldn't expect them to think he is any kind of promising piece for the future.

Jaguars - Bortles.. for now. He got them to the Championship. Ok, he rode the defense there, mostly. But he made a lot of plays against Pitt. Just so inconsistent. Still, the team probably would've been in the Super Bowl if not for some blown calls/non-calls against the Patriots. Hard to argue there's anyone else significant better available. If they have a chance to get Bradford or Cousins, go for it and then trade Blake. If not, keep him and wait until you can find an upgrade.

Jets - 1st round QB. Expecting them to draft a QB. Just don't see any FA QBs looking at them as a good chance to win soon. Then again, they have a lot of money. So we'll see if the FA chases money to go to NYJ. Gut feeling says draft though.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 16, 2018 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I think he stays in Minnesota. I know Case Keenum was on fire, but are they convinced the NFC Championship was just an anomaly or do they roll with a different guy thinking that'll get them over the top? Bradford had a huge game against the same Saints team that Keenum needed a miracle to beat. Gut feeling tells me Bradford re-signed by Minny. I think Bridgewater stays to compete to. The injury and uncertainty of where he's really at now means his best chance is to show he's worth something, then Minnesota might trade him later on.

Broncos - Kirk Cousins
They have the defense and offensive talent to be a contender with Cousins at the helm. Cousins never struck me as a special QB, but a marginally above-average guy. Still, Denver players really want him.

They need to load that basket up and see who emerges. Don't put it all onto one guy. Hue badly wants AJ. AJ wants the opportunity to start. His best chance is likely in Cleveland.

Cardinals - Case Keenum. He'd be in a similar situation with a strong defensive team but with good offensive talent around him, including the return of David Johnson at RB. I think they'd feel they could win with him, but they'd probably draft a QB too.

Bills - Trade up for QB. I don't see many players wanting to go to Buffalo. Maybe McCarron, but would they want him? 50-50 on that. They probably will keep Tyrod and Peterman until they acquire a true starter of the future.

Giants - First round QB. Eli is nearing the end, they need a real successor. Webb wasn't good enough apparently to even sniff the field, so I wouldn't expect them to think he is any kind of promising piece for the future.

Jaguars - Bortles.. for now. He got them to the Championship. Ok, he rode the defense there, mostly. But he made a lot of plays against Pitt. Just so inconsistent. Still, the team probably would've been in the Super Bowl if not for some blown calls/non-calls against the Patriots. Hard to argue there's anyone else significant better available. If they have a chance to get Bradford or Cousins, go for it and then trade Blake. If not, keep him and wait until you can find an upgrade.

Jets - 1st round QB. Expecting them to draft a QB. Just don't see any FA QBs looking at them as a good chance to win soon. Then again, they have a lot of money. So we'll see if the FA chases money to go to NYJ. Gut feeling says draft though.

Good post...but i think Foles ends up somewhere also,, and AZ would be a guess.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 16, 2018 at 12:41 PM ]
Originally posted by GEEK:
Cousins - Broncos | Elway makes it happen.

McCarron - Browns | Browns have the cap space to do what the Bears did with Glennon last year. Sign a vet but draft a QB top 5.

Keenum - Vikings | Even with the OC change, I expect Keenum to be back at a team friendly deal. He found his groove in MN - don't change it up.

Bridgewater - Jaguars | Signs a 1 year prove it deal with JAX. He's got the best chance to start on a playoff-ready team that's not the Vikes.

Bradford - Giants | Finally accepts the fact he'll most likely be a backup and plays for his former OC in MN.

Taylor (cut) - Cardinals | Mike McCoy is pretty good at adapting to the strengths of his offense. He did it with Tebow, he can do it with Taylor.

McCown - Jets | I don't think he'll go anywhere. Jets will look for QB in the draft after failing to get Cousins.

Bortles - Jaguars | Again, JAX fails to get Cousins. So no point in cutting your starter. You snag Bridgewater for direct competition.

Bonus - Kizer traded to the Lions.

Good post man!

I wouldn't rule out AJ going to Cards.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Broncos - Kirk Cousins

Good post...but i think Foles ends up somewhere also,, and AZ would be a guess.

This and I really hope not.

Not sure if the have near the cap space to get him.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Bortles getting a new deal through 2020....,
Originally posted by jcs:

Lol for real though, he wasn't bad last season. Other than Cousins I wouldn't say there was a clear upgrade available in FA and it would cost them a lot to trade up for someone. I'd take him over Darnold and Allen anyways.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 24, 2018 at 5:08 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Caretaker contract.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Lol for real though, he wasn't bad last season. Other than Cousins I wouldn't say there was a clear upgrade available in FA and it would cost them a lot to trade up for someone. I'd take him over Darnold and Allen anyways.

Totally disagree, he's the one thing holding the Jags back. They literally have no creative play calling because he can't make any throws.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

IMO Sam Bradford > Blake Bortles.
Share 49ersWebzone