LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 101 users in the forums

Rashaan Melvin DB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Any thoughts on going after him?

he's 6-2 195 and played pretty damn well this yr for the Colts. In his 10 games as a starter he had 13 PBU and 3 INTs. His game vs Antonio brown was pretty impressive, he shadowed him most of that day and he only allowed 2 catches for 42 yards when on him.

He's 28 so I think something like a 3 yr deal would be something he's looking at. He would be much much much cheaper than guys like Johnson/Butler/Fuller.
Absolutely
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Underrated CB, had a solid year, but I think he re-signs with the Colts.
never heard of her
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Colts will keep him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

he's 6-2 195 and played pretty damn well this yr for the Colts. In his 10 games as a starter he had 13 PBU and 3 INTs. His game vs Antonio brown was pretty impressive, he shadowed him most of that day and he only allowed 2 catches for 42 yards when on him.

He's 28 so I think something like a 3 yr deal would be something he's looking at. He would be much much much cheaper than guys like Johnson/Butler/Fuller.

I can be Mr. Cliche at times so... The more options the better
Definitely someone worth looking at this offseason. Ideal size and had a good season. I wouldn't be mad at this signing. Even if it's a prove-it deal, the more new blood at the position the better.
Too old.
Think he may have played with Jimmy G at Nothern Illinois. If we can get him for a reasonable contract I'm all about this. Good scheme fit, and should be in his prime for the next 3-4 years.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
Think he may have played with Jimmy G at Nothern Illinois. If we can get him for a reasonable contract I'm all about this. Good scheme fit, and should be in his prime for the next 3-4 years.

Jimmy GQ was at Eastern Illinois.

2 year deal with a chance to start and some incentives tied to it
Pickup him and Joshua Jackson in the draft and we'd instantly have one of the best secondaries
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Jimmy GQ was at Eastern Illinois.

He meant Jimmy Ward?

He was one of my sleeper CB's. The rest are in my Team Information (Needs) thread. Lots of great fits for us at CB.

Been saying it for a month now. This is a guy I think would be a good fit here and a potential FA steal
Share 49ersWebzone