LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Rashaan Melvin DB

Shop 49ers game tickets
A former teammate of Juice and Juice has been a chatting apparently.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I actually think the CB market will be down this year, with the depth in the draft. I think many teams will listen to the contract demands and say, "f**k it, I can get a plug and play starter on Day 2 this year."

I agree. Personally, I don't think the FA corners are worth what they think they are and that includes Johnson. I'd welcome adding them but without breaking the bank. And yes I know we have a lot of cap room, doesn't mean we blow it on guys that aren't worth it
CB's will always get paid....they are in that 4th to 5th most valuable player on a team behind QB, LT and Passrusher
trade talib for a 7th and call it a day. (and maybe sign Maxwell)
Originally posted by jcs:
CB's will always get paid....they are in that 4th to 5th most valuable player on a team behind QB, LT and Passrusher

Unless your name is casey hayward, dude is getting paid nothing and since he went to the Chargers he's been a top CB. 3 yrs $15 million, he's been a freaking steal for them
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Unless your name is casey hayward, dude is getting paid nothing and since he went to the Chargers he's been a top CB. 3 yrs $15 million, he's been a freaking steal for them

He was primarily a slot CB for GB not a #1 when he arrived in San Diego. Will be a free agent in 2019 and should see a hefty pay raise.

He was primarily a slot CB for GB not a #1 when he arrived in San Diego. Will be a free agent in 2019 and should see a hefty pay raise.

He's been stellar what a steal...I wanted SF to go after him in FA smh
Originally posted by WINiner:
Meh, contract year wonder. Other than last he's done nothing. Looking for a big pay day before going back on IR for a career.

I agree. He was also released by the Patriots. Belichick is a DB's guru so if he could not succeed in New England, that says a lot IMO.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
trade talib for a 7th and call it a day. (and maybe sign Maxwell)

Maxwell is utter garbage bud. No thanks

He's been stellar what a steal...I wanted SF to go after him in FA smh

Tell me about it. I wanted him in the draft! In fact, I created a draft thread for him and was pounding the table for him. Instead we took Lamichael James and of course Hayward was selected with the very next pick by the Packers! Still pissed about it obviously
Willing to bench my boy spoon for Melvin this year

Originally posted by Boldjames:

I'd rather take a young guy in the draft

Definitely. With injuries, they'll all get on the field. Melvin and Sherman could be special together.
Originally posted by strickac:

Definitely. With injuries, they'll all get on the field. Melvin and Sherman could be special together.

No way Jose. Spoon is a baller. Mark my words
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

The continued growth by Spoon was very clear from watching the games and hearing his teammates and coaches talk about him.

We need depth or a better nickel guy(I'm down with signing Colvin)
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

The continued growth by Spoon was very clear from watching the games and hearing his teammates and coaches talk about him.

We need depth or a better nickel guy(I'm down with signing Colvin)

Draft my dude.
Share 49ersWebzone