LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

Andrew Norwell

Shop 49ers game tickets
From UDFA to All-pro. Tremendous. He deserves every penny.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 5, 2018 at 12:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
From UDFA to All-pro. Tremendous. He deserves every penny.

Understandable why ppl are so skeptical about taking a G with high picks I guess..
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
No way the Panthers let him hit FA. It doesn't matter that they paid Turner. They put big money into their QB and a valuable draft pick into RB. Their entire identity is made on mauling dudes.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Honestly I'd be happy to sign Norwell then draft Ragnow..or the other way sign a C in Jensen, Linsley or Wichburg then draft Nelson or the kid out of Auburn, either way the line will look way better, we can all agree Lynch has to address both C and G this offseason, which way he will do it, idk..

I think Carolina brings Norwell back as he's really their only FA of consequence.
Originally posted by okdkid:
No way the Panthers let him hit FA. It doesn't matter that they paid Turner. They put big money into their QB and a valuable draft pick into RB. Their entire identity is made on mauling dudes.

I totally agree, would be shocked if he wasn't brought back.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Going to get paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid.

There's no way the 49ers will get Norwell AND Jensen. I think Norwell and Spencer Long maybe or Jensen and Zach Fulton. I'd take either combo.
Why not...117.8 million free to spend in a single season buys a lot of talent.
Originally posted by jcs:

It'll be closer to $60-70m after factoring in Garoppolo's extension, 2018 draft/UDFA group, and extensions to some of our own guys. Signing Jensen and Norwell would eat up over a third of that cap space.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 5, 2018 at 1:37 PM ]

It'll be closer to $60-70m after factoring in Garoppolo's extension, 2018 draft/UDFA group, and extensions to some of our own guys. Signing Jensen and Norwell would eat up over a third of that cap space.

Dude no lol. Lets say we release Ward, wed have give or take 125 mill firm.

Jimmy and draft class wont cost more than 35 mill. So that leaves 90 mill.
Im not sure we bring back any of our FAs besides Marsh and Fusco and they'd cost probs 5 mill tops. Maybe another 5 mill for Tank/Hyde which would still put us at 80 mill left over.
  • dj43
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Salary Cap Expert, and former NFL Agent Joel Corry thinks Norwell will get more than Kevin Zeitler got, which is $12M a yr.

https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/949339264600322048

Welp, effectively being named the best guard in the NFL certainly helps.

Yes, this changes the game at guard. I had previously felt that he would get a bit less than Zeitler money considering the fact that Zeitler had a good, not great year. IOW, his #11 PFF ranking does not justify $12million.

However, now the shoe is on the other foot. If Zeitler is worth $12, than Norwell will almost certainly top that. $13M? $14M? I don't think more but certainly not less than $12M.

Now the problem for Carolina is; can they keep both Norwell and Lotulelei with their $24,500,000 cap number? They also have a still-productive role player in Julius Peppers, along with Graham Gano that will have to get paid.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Im not sure we bring back any of our FAs besides Marsh and Fusco and they'd cost probs 5 mill tops. Maybe another 5 mill for Tank/Hyde which would still put us at 80 mill left over.

Didn't even consider cutting Ward. They could do that. But the cap space is around $115m, so it'll quickly get down to approximately $80m after Jimmy's $25m, about $5m for the draft class, and another $5m from the misc resigning like Coyle, Marsh, Exum, etc. That's not even factoring the resigning of a guy like Hyde or Reid, who would push the total number into the $70's.

Anyhow, Norwell is unlikely to be a 49er. He's not a great fit, is going to cost a boatload, and it's unlikely CAR lets him walk.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 5, 2018 at 4:11 PM ]

I think they will be around $120mil+ under the cap when all is said and done. I highly doubt the 60 mil will be used on the above. Maybe 40-45...depending on who they decide to extend

Didn't even consider cutting Ward. They could do that. But the cap space is around $115m, so it'll quickly get down to approximately $80m after Jimmy's $25m, about $5m for the draft class, and another $5m from the misc resigning like Coyle, Marsh, Exum, etc. That's not even factoring the resigning of a guy like Hyde or Reid, who would push the total number into the $70's.

Anyhow, Norwell is unlikely to be a 49er. He's not a great fit, is going to cost a boatload, and it's unlikely CAR lets him walk.

Yeah i feel you when its all said and done... Especially when we get a Guard in the 2nd/3rd that could be an instant push starter that has potential to start come pre-season. Its kinda why im moving on from Trumaine and think theres better value in Fuller/Breeland.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 5, 2018 at 5:18 PM ]

Trent brown and jimmy alone are gonna be about 40 million a year . Besides them. We don't really have anyone worth signing
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Trent brown and jimmy alone are gonna be about 40 million a year . Besides them. We don't really have anyone worth signing

I dont think Browns salary would kick in until 2019.
I dont think Browns salary would kick in until 2019.

You're right. Didn't realize that.
Share 49ersWebzone