LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Jared Goff

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
21 year old rookie, nope. Although I've changed my opinion on him vs. Wentz.

I've consistently said I think Wentz will be a disappointment. He had a great start, but he's starting to come back down to earth.

And even suggesting that a guy who's never taken an NFL snap is a bust is silly. Especially at 21.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
21 year old rookie, nope. Although I've changed my opinion on him vs. Wentz.

I've consistently said I think Wentz will be a disappointment. He had a great start, but he's starting to come back down to earth.

And even suggesting that a guy who's never taken an NFL snap is a bust is silly. Especially at 21.

I don't think age is really a factor when you get
drafted #1 overall. At 21 there is time to get better or improve at the same time he can regress also.
To say Wentz will be a disappointment as well As he had played vs Goff who can't beat there scrub starter who has more int vs TD is pretty concerning.
I really don't think he will be a BUST and may become an above average QB...but if he doesn't become a consistent Pro bowl player he will always be labeled as a disappointment by Rams fan standard.
Originally posted by titan:
drafted #1 overall.

Seriously?

This is QB, not RB. Age isn't a factor? Alex Smith wasn't even ready to be a 2nd-string guy at 21.
  • titan
  • Veteran
drafted #1 overall.

Seriously?

This is QB, not RB. Age isn't a factor? Alex Smith wasn't even ready to be a 2nd-string guy at 21.

There's days when I think he is still not ready. Im not sure why we are bringing him in the conversation, but I'll go ahead and call him a BUST. If he had the skills to match his draft pick we wouldn't be in this mess.
I'm not sure how old Rogers was, but he was ready.
A lot of GoffEXCUSES in this thread so far. He has done nothing at all so far. He is an absolute bust up to this point......

Yeah he is young and things could change and it is not a final evaluation. But it sure is not a great start to his NFL career.
drafted #1 overall.

Seriously?

There's days when I think he is still not ready. Im not sure why we are bringing him in the conversation, but I'll go ahead and call him a BUST. If he had the skills to match his draft pick we wouldn't be in this mess.
I'm not sure how old Rogers was, but he was ready.

Alex is absolutely a bust. He sucks now, and he's always sucked. But he really, really, really sucked at 21. Eventually, he became an average-to-slightly-below-average QB.

Alex never had Goff's ability IMO. Always had a noodle arm. Goff isn't Cutler, but he has plenty of arm.

You don't label a 21-year-old QB a bust unless he's a Jonnie Manziel-like guy in the head.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 7, 2016 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A lot of GoffEXCUSES in this thread so far.

You couldn't have spared the world this stupid, stupid, post? Time for some pooper-scooping...

GoffExcuses? Buzz words? You're posting a buzz word? With nothing to support it? The guy hasn't played a single snap in the NFL at age 21. Neither did Aaron Rodgers. Do you decide how good a move is before you've even seen the trailer? The poster says it all?

Just cool your friggn' t**s on Goff for a season or 2.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 7, 2016 at 9:56 PM ]

You couldn't have spared the world this stupid, stupid, post? Time for some pooper-scooping...

GoffExcuses? Buzz words? You're posting a buzz word? With nothing to support it? The guy hasn't played a single snap in the NFL at age 21. Neither did Aaron Rodgers. Do you decide how good a move is before you've even seen the trailer? The poster says it all?

Sounds like more GoffEXCUSES.......

Sounds like more GoffEXCUSES.......

Wow. I'm sorry; I didn't realize this was the first season you've watched the NFL.

Google a guy named Peyton Manning. He played quareterback for the Indianapolis Cols as a rookie a little before your time. Check out his rookie stats & think of all the PeytonExcuses people made in 1998.

Just because he's a Ram doesn't mean you should look at the guy like you're the chick from Kill Bill & you see one of the people who tried to kill you.

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 7, 2016 at 10:01 PM ]
People were ret****dly calling Joey Bosa a bust a few weeks ago when he was holding out too.

When I was listening to the game on the radio on Sunday one of the announcers said that Sonny Dykes told him that he, Goff, and the Rams coaches and front office were all in agreement about what the plan with Goff would be and that it included him ideally not starting as a rookie.

I don't think it has anything to do with him not being able to beat out Keenum.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
When I was listening to the game on the radio on Sunday one of the announcers said that Sonny Dykes told him that he, Goff, and the Rams coaches and front office were all in agreement about what the plan with Goff would be and that it included him ideally not starting as a rookie.

I liked Goff a lot, and if the Niners drafted him, in no way would I want him on the field as a rook. 2nd year at the soonest.
The Rams are doing the right thing.
Usually a #1 pick is expected to start day one in today's NFL. Even at QB, but QB is the one position teams have historically sat a year or two for the players developmental benefit. (Rodgers)

I certainly believe that would have helped Alex smith earlier in his career as well. That kid was on some terrible teams and it totally stunted his development. I actually give the rams credit here. Their offense was going to suck with or without him so why damage his growth out there. He's learning more on the bench. Let him start final 4-6 games with zero pressure of a playoff run etc. just go out there, play and learn.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

man thank you for this voice of reason. he sits on purpose, not due to lack of ability to beat out keenum.
Share 49ersWebzone