LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Jared Goff

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Can you really get benched when you were never a starter?

Yes QB competition you don't win you are bench. Do you see two QB starting?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Carson Wentz is so much better it is not even funny. I bet they dearly regret passing on Wentz. Goff was such a WZ super star last year and big WZ favorite. He is nowhere near Wentz and probably never will be IMO. Favoritism of the local area took over in this evaluation IMO on the WZ at least. Wentz looks like the next super star. So far Goff can't even play. They got to be embarrassed with this selection based on what they could have had instead.

This.

Jared Goff was a poor QB prospect by 1st round standards. His ceiling in the NFL is being Alex Smith -- a good game manager. But he's not a guy you can build around. It doesn't look like he has the mental ability to reach Alex Smith's standards.
Any rookie who doesn't start since week 1 is a bust.
Originally posted by okdkid:
This.

Jared Goff was a poor QB prospect by 1st round standards. His ceiling in the NFL is being Alex Smith -- a good game manager. But he's not a guy you can build around. It doesn't look like he has the mental ability to reach Alex Smith's standards.

Giovanni Carmazzi was a much better QB prospect than Tom Brady...how did that turn out?

A lot more to playing football than better physical measurements and athletic ability. You have no idea what Goff's ceiling is, saying it's Alex Smith is no more correct than me saying it's Tom Brady(not that I agree with that)

Tom Brady was a scrawny kid with a lot less tape than Goff. We have no clue what Goff can be once he gets the offense down but Jeff Fisher is a poor coach to get a QB playing well. The guy is so overrated it's funny.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Any rookie who doesn't start since week 1 is a bust.

Especially 1st Rd pick that can't beat the 30th best QB in the league.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Can you really get benched when you were never a starter?

Yes QB competition you don't win you are bench. Do you see two QB starting?

No I see him as spending his rookie year as a backup. I don't think there was ever really a competition.
Rams are being Smart and letting the kid learn.

No reason to throw him to the wolves and destroy his confidence
  • titan
  • Veteran
Goff may be in today! Keenum doing his Blaine Gabbert impression. Lol
Carson Wentz is so much better it is not even funny. I bet they dearly regret passing on Wentz. Goff was such a WZ super star last year and big WZ favorite. He is nowhere near Wentz and probably never will be IMO. Favoritism of the local area took over in this evaluation IMO on the WZ at least. Wentz looks like the next super star. So far Goff can't even play. They got to be embarrassed with this selection based on what they could have had instead.
Who cares about the first 8 games in the career. They went for a franchise QB and ONLY the long-term success matters. Wentz could become a Fitzpatrick or RG3 whereas Goff could transition into a 2nd coming of Peyton Manning.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

This.

Are we sure? Wentz last 5 games: 4 TDs & 5 INTs. 1W-4L

• FL9er
  • Veteran
He'll get in there before the end of the season I would think.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
He'll get in there before the end of the season I would think.

No lie I wanted Goff and I still think he is better than Wentz. I'm all for getting him if the Rams do give up on him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Of course not. You have to understand both Sam Snead and Jeff Fisher love their jobs and would want to carry on doing so and getting paid millions for it.

Is very simple, they are not going to feature Goff until they believe the kid is 100% ready and going to shine like a star. Because if Goff is not ready by the time they play him, they would be signing their own firing orders given the Rams gave up so much to go up to No.1 overall in order to pick him.
Goff will be fine. Fisher is doing it old school since he has his head coaching job with the Rams secured. No point in starting Goff right now. Goff can be great or he can be a bust. Won't know until next year.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Goff will be fine. Fisher is doing it old school since he has his head coaching job with the Rams secured. No point in starting Goff right now. Goff can be great or he can be a bust. Won't know until next year.

Rams fan calling for Goff. A lot of Rams fan I know think he is going to be a BUST and Fisher is on self preservation mode.
Share 49ersWebzone