There are 134 users in the forums

Jared Goff

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I'll let you know when he actually plays in some games. Will you be anxiously awaiting my final verdict?

He already played and did not start. So don't need your final verdict. Thank anyway.
When and who did he play against this year ?

Pre season and lost to possibly the 30th best QB in the league. Lol
the bust label is on hold, they are just protecting their investment
Kyle Boller 2.0
I'm all for rookie QB's (even the first pick in the draft) spending their first year on the bench. They should've signed a smart veteran QB who knows the game though. Palmer had Kitna, Rodgers had Favre, Eli had Kurt Warner.
Way, way to early call him a bust. Do they regret drafting him? Dunno. Would they trade him? Probably not but if they were willing then the other team would be well advised to think twice.

When we pick up a QB with a high pick, I hope we will keep him on the bench for a year, excluding a little garbage time play. I imagine the Webzone will anoint him a bust as well.
One cannot judge a player until after he has played or started 20 games in the league. If you went off hot starts Kaepernick would be a stud, not the bust he is.

That being said I have cal football season tickets, he NEVEr impressed me as a franchised qb in college. The team sucked so I gave him the beneift of the doubt, but all in all he did not dominate in college.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I'm all for rookie QB's (even the first pick in the draft) spending their first year on the bench. They should've signed a smart veteran QB who knows the game though. Palmer had Kitna, Rodgers had Favre, Eli had Kurt Warner.

Exactly this. I think too many teams rush rookie quarterbacks into playing instead of giving them time to adjust to the NFL. I believe the Rams are being smart about slowly acclimating him to pro football. If you look back in history, you'll see the rookies who spent their first few seasons on the bench turned into better players. Just look at Montana, Young, Rogers, and Brady, to name a few. Those guys sat for a while, and turned out well. There are the rare exceptions, like Marino, who started hot and continued to have great careers. Even the likes of Aikman and Manning started as rookies, but struggled early on until they improved. Patience is the key with developing a rookie quarterback, and a lot of teams don't practice that too much anymore. Calling Goff a bust at this point is rather premature, in my opinion.
Was Aarron Rodgers a bust when he sat for 3-4 years?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Really you are comparing his situation with Aaron Rogers. Lol
Carson Wentz is so much better it is not even funny. I bet they dearly regret passing on Wentz. Goff was such a WZ super star last year and big WZ favorite. He is nowhere near Wentz and probably never will be IMO. Favoritism of the local area took over in this evaluation IMO on the WZ at least. Wentz looks like the next super star. So far Goff can't even play. They got to be embarrassed with this selection based on what they could have had instead.

Comparing him to Rodgers is no more silly than the premise of this thread is.

You've yet to answer if palmer was a bust for sitting as a rookie. His situation practically mirrors Goff.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Carson Wentz is so much better it is not even funny. I bet they dearly regret passing on Wentz. Goff was such a WZ super star last year and big WZ favorite. He is nowhere near Wentz and probably never will be IMO. Favoritism of the local area took over in this evaluation IMO on the WZ at least. Wentz looks like the next super star. So far Goff can't even play. They got to be embarrassed with this selection based on what they could have had instead.

Wentz is also on the better team. I think Goff has the higher ceiling but I dont see him getting there at least not with his current coaching staff.
He hasn't played a down yet, has he?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Haha! Roger was backing up Favre. Goff got bench for Keenum!!! And you think it's the same situation. Lmao
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Haha! Roger was backing up Favre. Goff got bench for Keenum!!! And you think it's the same situation. Lmao

Can you really get benched when you were never a starter?
Share 49ersWebzone