There are 209 users in the forums

Jared Goff

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

And even suggesting that a guy who's never taken an NFL snap is a bust is silly. Especially at 21.

This. Absolutely ridiculous.

I think more teams would benefit by not throwing out rookie QBs right off the bat and giving them time to iron out their issues.

If Goff isnt starting by next season lets talk but until then, no, just no.

Goff was listed at the combine at like 205 lbs. at 6-4 that's a twig. Dude would get killed and what good is a dead QB?

I'm sure they want him to add 10/15 lbs of muscle before he plays.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Yes cause every 1st rounder needs to be a pro bowler from day one.

lol

Yes cause every 1st rounder needs to lose a QB battle to Case Keenum from day one.

I guess Tom Brady was a bust because he couldn't beat out crappy Drew Bledsoe his first year.

lol

Oh f**k. It's the Tom Brady defense. Why not toss Kurt Warner's name in there as well?

For anybody who wants to use an all-time great in their defense for a prospect not starting -- please also cite the literally hundreds of other quarterbacks who flamed out.

Tom Brady 6-4 225

Goff 6-4 205

you see a problem there?

Tom Brady was 211 lbs at the combine

This dude is sitting a year at least until his body is ready.
I'll say it... he is a bust. Reason why is I never liked him coming into the draft and thought that the Rams would regret not picking Wentz. This situation the Rams are in should be a wake up call to everyone who says we need to draft a QB in the first round. What we need are good players and drafting a bust qb can set us back for a long time.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We can not force the issue this upcoming draft, as of today, there is NO quarterback worth TOP 5..

If Bradford or Stafford is available to sign as a free agent, that's the way to go.. I have been saying this for 2 years now.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9moon:
We can not force the issue this upcoming draft, as of today, there is NO quarterback worth TOP 5..

If Bradford or Stafford is available to sign as a free agent, that's the way to go.. I have been saying this for 2 years now.

lol both the Fords are signed through the 2017 season.

Best FA QB next year will be Cousins
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'll say it... he is a bust. Reason why is I never liked him coming into the draft and thought that the Rams would regret not picking Wentz. This situation the Rams are in should be a wake up call to everyone who says we need to draft a QB in the first round. What we need are good players and drafting a bust qb can set us back for a long time.

Not drafting a QB can set you back for a long time too. Its a passing league, if you can't pass the ball, you generally can't win.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Tom Brady 6-4 225

Goff 6-4 205

you see a problem there?

Sir. He's not sitting because he's 205. He's sitting because he was the 94th rated passer in the pre-season and had the WORST pre-season rating for a #1 overall pick of all-time. Plainly, he sucked at playing quarterback. In practices and in games -- he was complete s**t.
Tom Brady 6-4 225

Goff 6-4 205

you see a problem there?

Sir. He's not sitting because he's 205. He's sitting because he was the 94th rated passer in the pre-season and had the WORST pre-season rating for a #1 overall pick of all-time. Plainly, he sucked at playing quarterback. In practices and in games -- he was complete s**t.
6 lbs of separation
  • titan
  • Veteran
Tom Brady 6-4 225

Goff 6-4 205

you see a problem there?

Lol. They had to play Brady because of an injury to Bledsoe. It's not like TB was the 1st overall pick. Haha

Not drafting a QB can set you back for a long time too. Its a passing league, if you can't pass the ball, you generally can't win.

No one said don't draft a QB.

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Do you think best player available is the way base on the team structure? I'm all for what ever, since the product we are selling is crap!
Originally posted by titan:

Do you think best player available is the way base on the team structure? I'm all for what ever, since the product we are selling is crap!

If Myles is available then we get him. If not, trade down to get more picks and pick up a QB first. The QBs available is not a top two pick. Niners have many holes and won't be contending for awhile. The pick is not Andrew Luck vs Myles Garrett. Get the generational talent first if you have many holes to fill. It would be great if the only missing component was a QB to be a contender, that is not the case for the Niners.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Nov 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
If Myles is available then we get him. If not, trade down to get more picks and pick up a QB first. The QBs available is not a top two pick. Niners have many holes and won't be contending for awhile. The pick is not Andrew Luck vs Myles Garrett. Get the generational talent first if you have many holes to fill. It would be great if the only missing component was a QB to be a contender, that is not the case for the Niners.

I agree. I do hope we get our Starting QB out of this batch.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Tom Brady 6-4 225

Goff 6-4 205

you see a problem there?

Saying that sitting for an entire year does not hurt QB's it helps them learn.
Adding 15 lbs of muscle to your frame does not hurt, it helps them take hits.

You have no idea how this kid will end up if he sits for 1 or 2 years then becomes a starter.
Ken Dorsey 2.0
Share 49ersWebzone