There are 192 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wow. Wilson has never been behind by more than 11? That is unreal. Like we all said, the defense wins it for them and when the defense "doesn't win" it for them, they keep that game manager in the game.
Also, I've always loved that stat that the Seahawks have always had the lead at some point in a game up until just recently. How can anyone, anyone argue for rw and against that elite defense???
Sick.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
I've always loved that stat that the Seahawks have always had the lead at some point in a game up until just recently. How can anyone, anyone argue for rw and against that elite defense???
Sick.

Who do you think scored the points? Been a while since sherm returned that blocked 9er kick
Any team in the league can score 13 points even the Rams and niners average is above that. So simple logic here.

Seahawks defense allows 12 points in victories, so all a team has to do is score 13. Easy easy easy. Many average qbs can manage that. Hand the ball of and punt. Sometimes pass and sometimes score.
Any team in the league can score 13 points even the Rams and niners average is above that. So simple logic here.

Seahawks defense allows 12 points in victories, so all a team has to do is score 13. Easy easy easy. Many average qbs can manage that. Hand the ball of and punt. Sometimes pass and sometimes score.

? Serious lapse of logic here.
Wow. Wilson has never been behind by more than 11? That is unreal. Like we all said, the defense wins it for them and when the defense "doesn't win" it for them, they keep that game manager in the game.
Also, I've always loved that stat that the Seahawks have always had the lead at some point in a game up until just recently. How can anyone, anyone argue for rw and against that elite defense???
Sick.

Didn't the Redskins lead 14-0 after the first quarter of that playoff game in 2012? Am I misunderstanding your post?
Don't mind Guapo as his head is still spinning from the pwnage he received from the last thread and this.
Seahawks defense allows 12 points in victories, so all a team has to do is score 13. Easy easy easy.

Thank you. Their offense averaged over 25 points per game last season.
I used to think Wilson was a game manager, and used the excuse that Lynch was his reason for success.
Then Lynch got hurt and Wilson proceeded to post a 16-1 TD:INT ratio over the last 5 games while throwing for 1300+ yards

Dude is legit
Originally posted by English:
? Serious lapse of logic here.

I was referring to Seattle only really needing to score 13 points on average to win most of their games. Pretty simple really, hope that clears it up
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 9, 2016 at 9:08 PM ]
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Sick.

Didn't the Redskins lead 14-0 after the first quarter of that playoff game in 2012? Am I misunderstanding your post?

I was quoting another post. I guess that stat doesn't include playoffs bc they were getting blown out at Carolina last year

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Don't mind Guapo as his head is still spinning from the pwnage he received from the last thread and this.

You are the only one getting embarrassed and owned. It's too easy with you. Your posts are too biased and ridiculous to take seriously so keep up the great work. Owned, and please stop trolling. It's against the rules

Wilson does have two comebacks of 20+ points......I believe Houston in 2013, and definitely Tampa Bay that year was 21-0. Neither team was great that year, two teams we trashed without much effort and never trailed in.

But end of the game, no matter how bad it was, the Hawks worst loss I'm pretty sure was 10 points (@Green Bay last year).

It's safe to say that since 2012, the Seahawks have probably covered the spread as an underdog in every game but a handful.

I think San Diego was the first team to hang 30 on that Wilson/Carroll era defense in 2014, and the Cowboys also scored 30 a few weeks later.

Probably the best example of Hawk D keeping them in a game would HAVE to be the 2014 NFC Championship against Green Bay. Down 16-0, with 4 INTs thrown.....most teams never come back from that ever.

Wilson is gritty and a solid QB as long as you keep the score close. It's a somewhat underrated quality like Alex Smith taking a pounding in 2011 NFCC and not turning it over.

If the 49ers could always keep games nice and tight, AS was a great QB. However, once that defense failed to keep it tight he was no longer our guy (or KC's guy either).

If/when that Hawk defense slips down to a mere 10th best in the NFL, it will be enough that they will lose quite a few more games unless Wilson can ratchet it up a few notches.

Certainly he will have to do so in the postseason. As mentioned before, that historic 2013 defense still gave up 15 and 17 points in the postseason to Hawks and Niners.

In the end, Wilson will get a big pass because he did get the team to two super bowls and won one -- regardless of how much he contributed, he was the starting QB.

But if Hawk fans are hell bent on another one like 49er fans in the '90s, then the road will be quite tough.

For our team we lacked the D and RB......for their team, right now it appears to be QB.
  • evil
  • Veteran

You are the only one getting embarrassed and owned. It's too easy with you. Your posts are too biased and ridiculous to take seriously so keep up the great work. Owned, and please stop trolling. It's against the rules

C'mon gentlemen, keep it to football and keep it civil.

Originally posted by evil:

C'mon gentlemen, keep it to football and keep it civil.

Agree.

Some great discussion here, let's not ruin it over some personal ish!
Back on track:

Falcons @ Seahawks this weekend: who do you guys like?

I think ATL defense underrated personally. People want to dismiss their performance this weekend as facing a rookie QB, but don't think that's fair.
Share 49ersWebzone