LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mods.....question.....why do you feel the need to delete threads that get out of hand......rather than lock the thread, delete the pages with inappropriate behavior, and then warn/ban the posters?

There was a lot of good information in that last thread, and now we cant access it because of whatever happened. Seems like an incredible waste of resources IMO.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Mods.....question.....why do you feel the need to delete threads that get out of hand......rather than lock the thread, delete the pages with inappropriate behavior, and then warn/ban the posters?

There was a lot of good information in that last thread, and now we cant access it because of whatever happened. Seems like an incredible waste of resources IMO.

Delete the pages with inappropriate behavious? When do you imagine we have the time to do that in a thread like that? Anyway the thread isn't deleted, just moved to a non-public forum.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Delete the pages with inappropriate behavious? When do you imagine we have the time to do that in a thread like that? Anyway the thread isn't deleted, just moved to a non-public forum.

I am not coming from an area of disrespect, first of all. I know you guys are busy and have better things to do. But obviously (in this specific instance), there was some sort of activity that you deemed inappropriate enough to delete the thread. Why not just lock it and delete that specific activity?

Anyway, if the thread is moved to a non-public forum, there is no way of us accessing it, correct?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Back on track:

Falcons @ Seahawks this weekend: who do you guys like?

I think ATL defense underrated personally. People want to dismiss their performance this weekend as facing a rookie QB, but don't think that's fair.

I don't think ATL has a defense disciplined enough to shut down Seattle, who's offense is gimmicky and reliant on broken plays - it should work as the norm Sunday.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Gimmicky =

Playoff / ship

Choke
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Julio Jones about to go off on Sherman.

In the two games they've faced each other in the playoffs Jan of 2013 and Nov of 2013 Jones has a combined catch total of 6 catches for 59 yards. Jones had no catches in their Nov matchup in 2013, Can't remember if he was out that game or not? White led the falcons with 5 catches for 79 yards in that game.
Originally posted by Eviltwin66:
In the two games they've faced each other in the playoffs Jan of 2013 and Nov of 2013 Jones has a combined catch total of 6 catches for 59 yards. Jones had no catches in their Nov matchup in 2013, Can't remember if he was out that game or not? White led the falcons with 5 catches for 79 yards in that game.

In a world where an Alex Smith led offense has beaten the Seahawks with 115 yards passing, I wouldn't spend hours looking up Julio Jones stats for answers on the Falcon offense against the Seahawks.

The loss of Tony GONE-zalez (haha, Gruden) is probably a bigger factor. I don't even know the TE name for the Falcons these days.

But they've incorporated RBs in the game.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Are we related ?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

In a world where an Alex Smith led offense has beaten the Seahawks with 115 yards passing, I wouldn't spend hours looking up Julio Jones stats for answers on the Falcon offense against the Seahawks.

The loss of Tony GONE-zalez (haha, Gruden) is probably a bigger factor. I don't even know the TE name for the Falcons these days.

But they've incorporated RBs in the game.

I agree the running backs worry me more than the receivers in this game. Jones is a threat no doubt, but has been contained to this point by Seattle's D in the last two matchups. Seattle's issues on defense may be few but one glaring weakness is the inability to cover tight ends and RB's for a few years now. As you stated in your post, now that Gonzales is gone hopefully they can concentrate on limiting Coleman to minimal gains out of the backfield.
[ Edited by Eviltwin66 on Oct 12, 2016 at 8:01 AM ]
Originally posted by evil:

Are we related ?

Depends, are you rich and or famous?

Starting Ryan, Freeman, and Coleman this week.

Its gonna get ugly for Seattle IMO.

Ryan has been the MVP so far this season, and its not even close. That D gets better each week, and IMO will continue to do so.

ATL is a legit SB contender this year. They are for real.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Ryan has been the MVP so far this season, and its not even close. That D gets better each week, and IMO will continue to do so.

Yeah, everyone keeps waiting to see them as flukes like Minnesota (and 49ers a few years back), but they keep getting disappointed.
Falcons finna beat these clowns
The falcons have a horrible defense. That alone will make the Seahawks offense look a lot better than it really is. I wish atl would win bc this game could be a tie breaker for a possible bye week assuming minn might have the other one. AS LUCK ALWAYS HAS IT FOR SEATTLE, they are lucky this game is at their home because if it were at Atlanta that they would most certainly lose and atl would have the possible tie breaker Seattle always gets lucky it's really sad.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Curious as to what brings you to this conclusion?

Ryan has faced one good defense so far and came away with a good road victory. But his numbers declined as they should against a top D, 15/28 267 1 TD @ 53% completion. Chances are you're not going to beat the Seahawks with those kind of numbers.....

ATL has faced a crappy NO team, Denver with a rookie starting his first game, who still threw for 25/35 for 223 yards @ 67% (what do you think RW will do to that secondary), and a Carolina team who defense has clearly taken a step back with Norman gone.

I agree ATL's offense is dangerous and formidable, but their defense is not, it's mediocre at best, and that alone will prevent them from going deep in the playoffs, or being a "legit SB contender". Their running backs are good, but would you put them on the level of Hyde or Gurley? I would not just yet, but none the less, we will have to deal with them, as everyone knows Seattle struggles with RB's catching dump offs out of the back field, and TE's, but I can't for the life of me remember who their TE is?

according to ESPN defensive rankings this is how the two teams sit after week 5:

Total defense
SEA #1
ATL #27

Rushing
SEA#3
ATL#17

Pass
SEA #1
ATL #27

I predict a tough game, but a decisive win by the Hawks, who I think is better across the board in almost every position.... If RW can get some time in back there, it's going to be a long day for ATL's defense. And on the other hand, I think our D is good enough to limit their production in the red zone, if we keep it close or keep a lead going into the 4th, we win......My two cents...
[ Edited by Eviltwin66 on Oct 13, 2016 at 7:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone