LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 420 users in the forums

Lamar Jackson QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by miked1978:
How did Lamar get his latest injury? Looks like he will be missing the playoff game this week. A lot of folks say pay the man but to me this is kind of why you dont pay him bc he cant stay healthy. He's dynamic on the field but i dont think he's every played a full year.

Even though he wasn't a full time starter as a rookie he still played in every game. He missed a total of 2 games in his second and third year. The last couple seasons he's had injury issues but he's still worth opening up the checkbook to bring him back. Baltimore would be beyond idiotic to let him walk.

Oh i agree but would you pay him to be the highest paid QB?

Probably. If not top three at least.

...and get your franchised possibly buried in salarycaphell?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
How did Lamar get his latest injury? Looks like he will be missing the playoff game this week. A lot of folks say pay the man but to me this is kind of why you dont pay him bc he cant stay healthy. He's dynamic on the field but i dont think he's every played a full year.

Even though he wasn't a full time starter as a rookie he still played in every game. He missed a total of 2 games in his second and third year. The last couple seasons he's had injury issues but he's still worth opening up the checkbook to bring him back. Baltimore would be beyond idiotic to let him walk.

Oh i agree but would you pay him to be the highest paid QB?

Probably. If not top three at least.

He has said he's not asking for $250M. I think Mahomes is the highest paid QB right? I wouldn't say they're in salary cap hell. If you have a young top QB you pay him as such.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
He has said he's not asking for $250M. I think Mahomes is the highest paid QB right? I wouldn't say they're in salary cap hell. If you have a young top QB you pay him as such.

does a former MVP like Lamar Jackson deserve more than Deshaun Watson? i would think so.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by boast:

does a former MVP like Lamar Jackson deserve more than Deshaun Watson? i would think so.

Deshaun Watson should not be the standard. That was a desperate and idiotic contract and the rest of the NFL knows it.

I wouldn't pay Lamar top 3. His style of play means he's only going to get worse as he ages, and he is definitely more susceptible to injures.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
And I DEFINITELY would not give him fully guaranteed, which is said to be the sticking point
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Sammy Watkins throwing a bit of shade too

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/13/sammy-watkins-hopes-lamar-jackson-decides-to-play/
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Janitor:

Deshaun Watson should not be the standard. That was a desperate and idiotic contract and the rest of the NFL knows it.

I wouldn't pay Lamar top 3. His style of play means he's only going to get worse as he ages, and he is definitely more susceptible to injures.

but the reality is that Watson is the standard now. blame CLE for that.

but the reality is that Watson is the standard now. blame CLE for that.

There is desperation to find and keep a good QB to be sure. Murray and Russell Wilson are now cautionary tales, along with Rogers. Watson might pull his head out of his butt, but he is a warning too. Rogers is probably to best comparison IMO. I don't think the Packers can win anything meaningful with Rogers and his contract. They would have been better off keeping Adams (and others) and taking their chances with Love. It might have been a disaster but the status quo with Rogers is limited. I think the Ravens would end up in the same boat if they give Jackson a huge deal.

That being said, it seems like the pressure to keep Jackson, and fear of failure without him, will be too much.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lamar to the dolphins next year, book it

Tua just said NOPE.

how the turn tables.

Miami would be a decent fit. Idk if they have the money Lamar is asking but it would be the best fit.

It would definitely be interesting and would stress defenses- having to account for Lamar, Hill, Waddle all at the same time.

Bad look when you mouth off to a fan for the world to see.

Still a more classier Raven than the killer they built a statue of outside their stadium

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Still a more classier Raven than the killer they built a statue of outside their stadium

Im surprised the LGBTQ community didn't go after him for those remarks. Whats wrong with eating dick Lamar?
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Im surprised the LGBTQ community didn't go after him for those remarks. Whats wrong with eating dick Lamar?

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Dudes won one playoff game.
C'mon man!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Sammy Watkins throwing a bit of shade too

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/13/sammy-watkins-hopes-lamar-jackson-decides-to-play/

Share 49ersWebzone