LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Lamar Jackson QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by HERN:
He needs to add 15 pounds for his style of play.

196 in the NFL would mean your a punter.

You do know he is a 19 year old sophomore right? He is going to be adding more weight. He is not Russell Wilson who is was considered small at 5'11", 203lbs.

It sounds like we're saying the same thing differently.

I would like to see what He Can do to FSU with his arm tho.
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Most of my posts in this section of the site have been complementing Jackson. I really like him BUT would like to see some really good passing vs some good secondaries this year and next. He's a true sophomore, only 19 (I think) so he wont be drafted this year.

I'm a tad weary of run heavy QB's after Kap so I'm looking for him to really develop his passing, which seems to be good already, just a tad too reliant on the run. Which is great in college but in the NFL a QB needs to be able to beat good defenses from the pocket as well. Gonna be watching him a lot this year and next.

Brad kayaa is throwing some amazing balls today...I'm liking this kid cool and calm.
  • kaynj
  • Veteran
This boy is killing FSU. 49 points in the third smh.
He can be really special
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
The guy is human, threw an INT
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
cmon man, RG3 is like 220 and he is proving to not be bulky enough to be a mobile QB. This kid has to put on some serious weight in the next 2 years

Its how you take hits not how big you are, RG3 problem was he would go for the extra yard instead of sliding or getting out of bounds. Alex Smith is 217lbs and ran for 498 last year & Tyrod Taylor (215lbs) ran for 568 yards. Also you have players like Derek Carr at 215lbs passing for 33 TD last year.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Wow how fast is this kid because he just made FSU's D look slow
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Give this guy the Heisman already
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
cmon man, RG3 is like 220 and he is proving to not be bulky enough to be a mobile QB. This kid has to put on some serious weight in the next 2 years

Its how you take hits not how big you are, RG3 problem was he would go for the extra yard instead of sliding or getting out of bounds. Alex Smith is 217lbs and ran for 498 last year & Tyrod Taylor (215lbs) ran for 568 yards. Also you have players like Derek Carr at 215lbs passing for 33 TD last year.

Dude has to put on weight...he's not breaking tackles or finding openings like he has in the NFL. Everyone is bigger and faster.

I like him he's electric but he's gonna have to add a couple lbs...IMO we can't wait another yr on a QB. (even though he could be a boss under chip).
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I'm sold. #1 pick when he chooses to enter.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude has to put on weight...he's not breaking tackles or finding openings like he has in the NFL. Everyone is bigger and faster.

I like him he's electric but he's gonna have to add a couple lbs...IMO we can't wait another yr on a QB. (even though he could be a boss under chip).

FYI 99% of college QBs don't come in freshman year like Cam Newton. He is 205 lbs right now. You listed him at 196. So he has already gained around 10 lbs.

that pick in the end zone was ugly lol
  • kaynj
  • Veteran
First pick in 2018 draft if he remains healthy?
  • lazy
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kaynj:
First pick in 2018 draft if he remains healthy?

depends how he develops as a passer.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Guy has 18 TDs in 3 games
8 pass 10 Rushing
Share 49ersWebzone