There are 183 users in the forums

Josh Sitton

Shop 49ers game tickets
Is he a Niner yet? Jimmy G is in Chicago right?
Sitton would make me almost as happy as Norwell and age is the only reason. Sittons play is still outstanding
[ Edited by 49ers808 on Feb 21, 2018 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
I doubt Sitton signs for less than $9 mil per year or for less than 3 years. He will probably end up getting 3 years and $30 million at least.

He was getting 8 million a year last year and is coming off injuries.

3 years. 21 million
We could still get a good 4-5 years out of this guy. Sign him!!
Correct. They declined his option, which makes him a FA once the signing period starts.

Another note: Nine of the top 15 paid guards were drafted in the 3rd round or later. At least three more players will be on that list this offseason (Norwell, Sitton, Kline).

There you have it.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
I doubt Sitton signs for less than $9 mil per year or for less than 3 years. He will probably end up getting 3 years and $30 million at least.

3 years. 21 million

Yeah you could throw him something like that, but setup that contract so he's not on the books for a ton of money past this yr...just in case.

Him and zach fulton are the two guys I'm looking at for FA guards. Still think we draft someone regardless.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bring him and norwell in.

.0000001 chance of Norwell coming here an I completely fine with it.

Well that's just false lol. Just because the giants want to pay him doesn't mean he isn't coming here. We have just as good a chance of it as anyone.

The GM that brought him into the league is in NY, they need a OG worse then we do, his OC is the OC in NY, throw in reports that if the agent takes him anywhere outside of NY it will result in friction...oh and yeah throw in that NY wants to make him the highest paid OG in NFL history.

He's not coming here dude and he's not a ideal fit for our ZB scheme either.

How is he not an ideal fit? Maybe isn't "perfect" but that doesn't matter. He would greatly improve our running game and pass protection. We have a ton of Cap space and are poised to challenge the nfc as the beat team. The giants are a dumpster fire. Free agents care about money but they also care about winning.

That report about him and his agent clashing doesn't even make sense lol. Do you know how this work? Teams call and make offers. He doesn't take them anywhere. You think players are loyal to coaches and gms who drafted? No. They are not.

Ummm, except they are. That's why FA who worked with Shanahan in the past have/will come here. You can't have it both ways and accept that our HC attracts players he's coached before, then reject the idea that other coaches can attract former players.

It's cool that you want Norwell here. He's a great player at a position of need. I've never seem either Shanahan at any spot they've ever worked at spending huge on a guard. Norwell has the option of playing in an offense he already KNOWS he's good at, for a coach he already knows and trusts, for the GM who wanted him more than anyone else did. Highly paid OL want to make sure they see the end of those bigass contracts, and it would be reasonable for him to assume HIS GM and HIS OC would give him a better chance of playing out the whole deal.

With things looking up in SF, it's tempting for fans to see this as the best place for FA to go, but that doesn't make it the best place for every FA. If the new regime can sell Norwell on their plan to build a winner moving forward, NY is the perfect fit for him.
I'd love Sitton here. He is still one of the best guards in the league but he has some injury concern.

A left side of Staley and Sitton would be great.

I think this solidifies Quenton Nelson to the Bears at #8

Interesting. They might be looking to run more gap/power.
When GB let him go, was he publicly pissed? With a new regime in place (who reportedly wish to make moves in FA), I'd worry about GB being the first stop in his FA tour.

Correct. They declined his option, which makes him a FA once the signing period starts.

Another note: Nine of the top 15 paid guards were drafted in the 3rd round or later. At least three more players will be on that list this offseason (Norwell, Sitton, Kline).

There you have it.

How many of the worst guards came from the 3rd round or later?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

There you have it.

How many of the worst guards came from the 3rd round or later?

Probably most of them. I think the point was that G isn't treated like a premier position in the draft.

3 years. 21 million

Bears didn't cut him because he wasn't worth $8 million. They cut him to make cap room. He is going to get paid on the open market.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'd love Sitton here. He is still one of the best guards in the league but he has some injury concern.

A left side of Staley and Sitton would be great.

I think this solidifies Quenton Nelson to the Bears at #8

Interesting. They might be looking to run more gap/power.

I thought the bears ran a lot of zone no?

I actually believe in 2016 they ranked 4th overall in the NFL in outside-zone run concepts.

edit: your talking about what the Bears might be planing on doing
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 21, 2018 at 7:43 AM ]

3 years. 21 million

Bears didn't cut him because he wasn't worth $8 million. They cut him to make cap room. He is going to get paid on the open market.

Huh? they currently have over $40 million in cap space before they decided to move on from Sitton. They also save $11.5 million by cutting Glennon, which we all know will happen. SO before they even decided to move on from Sitton they would have $52 million in space.

They have plenty of cap room to do whatever they want before passing on Sitton's option.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 21, 2018 at 7:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone