LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Josh Sitton

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Gemini10:
So what are we doing at guard? Tomlinson, Garnett? Kilgore? A rookie?

That and Magnusson. If Tomlinson is still a starting OG on the 2018 team, that's not good. Bummer about Sitton. Curious what he'll sign for. If it's a 4+ year deal of some sort with high money, then I understand. If it's a 2-3 year deal with decent money then wtf.

It's wtf

That and Magnusson. If Tomlinson is still a starting OG on the 2018 team, that's not good. Bummer about Sitton. Curious what he'll sign for. If it's a 4+ year deal of some sort with high money, then I understand. If it's a 2-3 year deal with decent money then wtf.

Sounds like $7.5M for 2 years.
Kilgore is gone. Time to get Sitton.

Edit: didn't realize Sitton already signed with the Dolphins.

Disregard.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 15, 2018 at 10:58 AM ]

I'd like to see what Tomlinson does with a full camp. I think that he did ok for a dude that was basically thrown into the fire last season due to injuries and our o-line just being crappy in general.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
2 yrs $15 million...do it

Yup, three in a row for agreement. Perfect type of mid level signing. Helps protect Jimmy, a savvy vet to help the youngsters, and can be jettisoned as soon as our guys show sufficient promise.

Yup makes sense...we can grab someone in the 3rd to groom for a yr and compete with Garnett.

I doubt Sitton signs for less than $9 mil per year or for less than 3 years. He will probably end up getting 3 years and $30 million at least.

Looks like we were both right, NY.
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on Mar 15, 2018 at 11:37 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49ers808:

It's wtf
wtf
Originally posted by 49ers808:

It's wtf
wtf

Lynch. Too busy on the phones trying to trade away your trash to Miami?
Probably prefers Miami
  • thl408
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Probably prefers Miami

Yeah he's from the Jacksonville area. Oh well.
Probably prefers Miami

We're gonna a guard in the draft. Dont even trip.

• thl408
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Probably prefers Miami

That's for sure. But I was hoping for 1 vet guard so that going into camp, there's only 1 guard spot (starter) up for grabs. As it stands right now, there are two starter guard spots up for grabs between Tomlinson/Magnusson/Garnett/rookie(s). None of those can be counted on with high confidence.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Probably prefers Miami

That's for sure. But I was hoping for 1 vet guard so that going into camp, there's only 1 guard spot (starter) up for grabs. As it stands right now, there are two starter guard spots up for grabs between Tomlinson/Magnusson/Garnett/rookie(s). None of those can be counted on with high confidence.

I'm guessing that Shanahan believes Garnett has shown enough in his "rebuild your body" plan that he is plugged in as a starter. Still, like you, I expect a guard in the draft.
Welp, that's a done deal. Deep guard draft so I'm not worried, but I did prefer a vet and have the final guard spot go to the best of a rookie, Garnett, Tomlinson, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone