LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Andrew Luck 6 years 140M

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Gabbert's going to command $150M with $90M guaranteed.

They could have me for atleast half of that.

LMAO! You might have to become vegan and move to Colorado.
Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO! You might have to become vegan and move to Colorado.

The question is can I throw fade patterns to Richard Sherman as good as some other qb's?
That's a lot of coin for someone that has similar stats to Matt Stafford The colts didn't have a choice though.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
would you have signed Luck to 140 mil if he was with the 49ers?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9moon:
would you have signed Luck to 140 mil if he was with the 49ers?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Uhhmmm... I'm assuming you would be on the same boat with Baalke and say that we have " HOT LEGS " Driskel??
I honestly thought he was going to get paid $25-30 million per season.

Russell Wilson got $21.9 million per a year earlier over 4 years. The NFL salary cap went up 8% in the past year. Adding 8% to Wilson's deal nets you $23.65 million per year. It's not at all surprising that Luck got paid a little more than that given he signed for an extra year and is arguably the better QB when healthy. The Colts weren't going to let him test free agency so he could have gotten paid more if he wanted.

Whether I would pay him that much to come to the 49ers is an interesting question because our roster wouldn't be competitive right now even if we add Andrew Luck. We have a terrible offensive line, one decent WR (Smith), and a couple mediocre TE's. However, we have a ton of cap space to spend in free agency next year, franchise QB's never hit the market (Blake Bortles is the next possible QB in 2018), and we're very unlikely to land Deshaun Watson in the draft, so I'd probably take Luck anyways even if it costs $25 million per season.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm waiting for SUSWEEL to answer the question and read his logic regarding this.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'm waiting for SUSWEEL to answer the question and read his logic regarding this.

Yes I would have signed a young franchise pro bowl qb who's taken his team to the playoffs multiple times. You gotta pay the market rate not be like the niners who still operate on 1990's prices.
Originally posted by susweel:

Yes I would have signed a young franchise pro bowl qb who's taken his team to the playoffs multiple times. You gotta pay the market rate not be like the niners who still operate on 1990's prices.

We would let him walk and it would be celebrated.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

We would let him walk and it would be celebrated.

Who needs luck for 20+ million a year when you can have gabbert for $8.50 an hour.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
You think he screwed the colts from ever signing anyone else? Nice to have a huge contract, but if you can't afford a supporting cast......

Joe Flacco 2.0
Who needs luck for 20+ million a year when you can have gabbert for $8.50 an hour.

In fairness we gave Kap an extension he just sucked. For 140 mil Indy is going to be screwed if Luck pulls a Kap.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:

In fairness we gave Kap an extension he just sucked. For 140 mil Indy is going to be screwed if Luck pulls a Kap.

luck is a real qb. not some gimmick.
Colt's will never win another game in our lifetime,book it.
Share 49ersWebzone