LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Aussies and Kiwis in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Yeah but if he does do the Rugby 7s it means he wont be finished until August and no NFL team will pick him up when the preseason has already started including the 49ers. He would have missed all the pre season training to get his head around playbooks and doing drills etc and what franchise is going to pick up a 1 year rookie who is a washed up project at that time of year. It is the same reason he was passed over during waivers last year.

If he comes back it will be next year and he will be getting too old and will be viewed as a quitter.

The likelihood of him coming back is slim

Nobody in NFL will want a quitter

Agree.

Indeed, pissed off he just up and quit, gave the haters ammo FFS
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Yeah but if he does do the Rugby 7s it means he wont be finished until August and no NFL team will pick him up when the preseason has already started including the 49ers. He would have missed all the pre season training to get his head around playbooks and doing drills etc and what franchise is going to pick up a 1 year rookie who is a washed up project at that time of year. It is the same reason he was passed over during waivers last year.

If he comes back it will be next year and he will be getting too old and will be viewed as a quitter.

Agree.

Same ..but it's early days
Need to know the REAL story
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MFWIC:

Agree.

He didn't just give them ammo he gave them the full loaded and armed USS Iowa primed to deliver a broadside
Gotsis is gonna be the true aussie to make it big in the NFL not that quitter hayne.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Gotsis is gonna be the true aussie to make it big in the NFL not that quitter hayne.

Yeah I hope so
Yeah I'm still pissed he quit. All this talk about how NFL was his dream and how when he wants something he does everything to achieve it and that he wanted to get a touchdown in the NFL etc. Then he just drops this bombshell. He has upset alot of people including myself who looked at him as an inspirational person battling against the odds to achieve a dream. Now I don't know what to think.

the 49ers did put him on the reserve/retired list but yeah who would want a guy back that seemingly changes his mind like the wind changes direction.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/5/16/11686940/49ers-place-jarryd-hayne-on-reserve-retired-list-roster-spot-nfl-free-agency-2016

Maybe there is more to it but I still think he should have gone and given his all at the preseason games and at least gone out swinging instead of running away.
[ Edited by mvp_yeahbuddy on May 17, 2016 at 4:10 AM ]
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Cool banana's
So is that 9 or 8 mate?

7 with contracts
2 at mini camp
1 reserve/retired

10 total including Hayne.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
7 with contracts
2 at mini camp
1 reserve/retired

10 total including Hayne.

9 then ,judjing from recent developments
9 then ,judjing from recent developments

Just like Jessie Williams was on the pup injured list for the Seahawks he was still technically in the NFL whilst not active. So while the niners hold his rights he is still on this list.

Intriguing that they did that. Could point to something that was agreed privately.

Maybe an experienced NFL person might be able to shed light on whether there is other factors such as merchandise etc for them to bother keeping his rights?

• JoNeo
  • Veteran
Just like Jessie Williams was on the pup injured list for the Seahawks he was still technically in the NFL whilst not active. So while the niners hold his rights he is still on this list.

Intriguing that they did that. Could point to something that was agreed privately.

Maybe an experienced NFL person might be able to shed light on whether there is other factors such as merchandise etc for them to bother keeping his rights?

Thanks Rabbits
Even though its gone to poo the guys have come out of the woodwork to discuss
Most (although angry and feeling betrayed) are still willing to talk and not walk
Thanks Rabbits
Even though its gone to poo the guys have come out of the woodwork to discuss
Most (although angry and feeling betrayed) are still willing to talk and not walk

For a lot of us it is like being run over by a road train and then standing dazed in the desert trying to work out what just happened and what was the license plate of that mongrel.

But we have many other things to grab a hold of while we recover.
  • Drift
  • Veteran

From what I've read it seems to be a standard thing to keep players from 'retiring' in order to transfer to another club.

Hayne is now in the same club as Anthony Davis or whatever his name is.

Once the Olympics are done or that falls through, he could only come back to the NFL through the Niners.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Drift:
From what I've read it seems to be a standard thing to keep players from 'retiring' in order to transfer to another club.

Hayne is now in the same club as Anthony Davis or whatever his name is.

Once the Olympics are done or that falls through, he could only come back to the NFL through the Niners.

Yeah but who in their right mind would have him? His goose is cooked in the NFL

Who is supporting Blake Muir? Go Blake Go the 9ers
dont know why everyone is getting on Hayne's case. He has a chance to play in the Olympics rather than being mediocre at football.

I think things didnt go exactly as planned for Hayne. I think he thought he would pick up the football better in his first year. He is older so you cant blame him for recognizing that he probably wouldnt have that big of an impact in the NFL. He is smart not to waste his youth. He tried at least and that is pretty admirable. I will be rooting for Fiji in the rugby olympics as long as they dont play the U.S.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on May 17, 2016 at 8:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone